TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2014-04-18 19:27:58

jcmessing
TMV Forum Member
Vocal processor and looping options

Hello everyone...
I'm seeking some feedback on vocal processing options onstage.
I've been looking through different processors. I am seeking a couple of important options:

1. basic vocal effects of reverb, chorus, delay, etc.
2. Loop system where created loops can be stored and recalled
3. An "UNDO" feature where unwanted overdubs can be removed

I just bought a BOSS RC-300 which has all of these capabilities, but is expensive at $500, huge for the stage, and probably is more complex than I need. Also, the unit does not have XLR outputs for the house, which isn't a huge deal but is a factor.

Another option I've considered is pairing a TC Helicon Mic Mechanic and a Digitech Jam Man looper, thats about a $375 deal, but a smaller setup, with a simpler approach.

I purchased a TC Helicon VoiceLive play but took it back because you can't store and recall created loops.

I'm looking into a Boss VE-20 but I am not sure if you can store created loops with the pedal, although the effects seem legit based on youtube clips.

Here are my questions:
Can you store loops and recall with the Ve-20?
What are your thoughts on the RC 300, is it worth the size, money and output concerns?
Do you have any concerns regarding pairing the Mic Mechanic and the Jam Man?
Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance to all those willing to respond, your thoughts are valuable and appreciated....
Joe

2014-04-18 19:27:58

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-04-18 21:03:24

jcmessing
TMV Forum Member
Re: Vocal processor and looping options

Follow up:
I found out from Boss CS that the VE-20 does not store loops.

#3 2014-07-06 13:30:13

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Re: Vocal processor and looping options

I think Mike Patton uses a TC-Helicon. They have an interview with him. If you don't know the name, he is the singer for Mister Bungle and Faith No More and collab efforts like Mondo Cane. And he is has done some similar things using loops, in live performance.

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer