TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2014-05-30 22:49:12

circecovers
TMV Forum Member

Blue Snowball ?

Hi :)

What do you guys think of the Blue Snowball UBD microphone ?

I need a good microphone, and this one seems pretty cool. I need a simple USB mic' who can run on a mac. I'm totally new at recording so I'm pretty lost, but I'm not a professional singer, and in fact, I just sing for pleasure on Youtube. But I'm sick of the saturated sound of my computer mic' :/

What do you guys suggest ? :)

Thanks for helping !

2014-05-30 22:49:12

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-06-01 16:20:53

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Re: Blue Snowball ?

circecovers wrote:

Hi :)

What do you guys think of the Blue Snowball UBD microphone ?

I need a good microphone, and this one seems pretty cool. I need a simple USB mic' who can run on a mac. I'm totally new at recording so I'm pretty lost, but I'm not a professional singer, and in fact, I just sing for pleasure on Youtube. But I'm sick of the saturated sound of my computer mic' :/

What do you guys suggest ? :)

Thanks for helping !

I've not tried that one. I have a desktop, an m-track usb interface. I have a Fame CM-1 Studio condenser mic and a Sennheiser E835 dynamic mic. All of which you could do on a mac, as well. The advantage of the m-track is I have live monitor with it, so that I don't throw myself off with playback through software. I still have to correct that for latency but that is as easy as shifting the track to line up on a beat.

m-track - $100 USD at Best Buy.
sennheiser e835 (new) - $74.99 on ebay
Fame CM-1 condenser mic - a gift but I later looked at the Music Store (a friend bought it for me) and it was about $24 USD. In fact, look at the Music Store. It is based in Germany, so, it may take a while to ship, depending on where you are.

Or, try the Blue Snowball. It might be good and most certainly better than what you have right now. Or read through the threads here for recommendations for other USB mics. As far as I have been able to read and guess, usb mic's are good for podcasts and interviews but the singers who intend to really record a song well get a real mic and some kind of usb interface or a firewire unit, which is essentially an outboard unit that connects to a PCI card in your computer, competely bypassing the sound card, though a usb interface also can bypass that.

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

#3 2014-06-01 18:36:07

circecovers
TMV Forum Member

Ok, thanks for the reply. I have to wait for my paid anyway so I have one month to decide ;)

I'm a student traveling between France and Ireland so for the moment I will stick to the easiest and cheapest solution. I will look at the different models you told me about ;)

I'll keep you inform if I decide to buy the blue snowball ;)

#4 2014-06-08 12:40:01

ronws
TMV Forum Member

circecovers wrote:

Ok, thanks for the reply. I have to wait for my paid anyway so I have one month to decide ;)

I'm a student traveling between France and Ireland so for the moment I will stick to the easiest and cheapest solution. I will look at the different models you told me about ;)

I'll keep you inform if I decide to buy the blue snowball ;)

Tres bon, mon Ami.

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer