TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2013-11-18 03:20:58

idannygarry
TMV Forum Member
Help Figuring out whats wrong with me

Hi, im Danny, im 24, I sing and scream... Most of the time with the correct form, give or take a couple points in my performance when i strain a little bit. My band has been playing the same set for the past 3 months, never a problem, but 3 days ago at practice I felt a weird numb feeling under my chin and what seemed to be low in my throat like under my adams apple so I stopped, waited till the next day and tried again... Same spot in the set I started to feel it again this time with some discomfort in my bottom front teeth as well... So I stopped and went on vocal rest for 12 hours. The next day I had a show, I really did not want to do it but the show must go on... Weirdly enough I finished the whole set no problem... But I still felt this weird discomfort. I was stumped because I had no Hoarseness...

Sooooo I just now got off a 20 Hour strait Vocal rest and the discomfort seemed to be completely gone, then i just did a few warm up exercises and its back lol... Front bottom teeth dull pain, Numbness under chin, maybe a little sharp throat pain... I cant tell where the discomfort is even coming from now... Im so confused, because no hoarseness at all really and def not a normal sore throat feeling, Does this make any sense to anyone??

2013-11-18 03:20:58

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-11-18 18:24:28

gilad
TMV Forum Member

Re: Help Figuring out whats wrong with me

I have never felt what you are describing. Maybe coming up with something in your throat. Go to your ENT and have him give you a check up. I am sure he will know to tell you what is happening.
Good luck!

#3 2013-12-05 08:51:50

arteg
TMV Forum Member

I think definetely you must go to your ENT to check your vocal chords. I had the same feelings when I practiced voice exercises in a wrong way.

#4 2013-12-06 16:25:20

Owen Korzec
TMV Forum Member
Website

I'm no expert, but based on the fact that this is more about discomfort than hoarseness, I'm guessing you may just be using too much extrinsic muscle tension in your vocal technique. I would recommend consulting anyone who knows a lot about vocal science to help you work out this issue. The average vocal teacher may not know exactly why this tension is happening and how to fix it, but I'd think anyone who knows the exact mechanics of the voice would.

If we can get Steven Fraser to view this thread I'm pretty sure he'd know what is going on

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer