TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2013-11-16 20:55:13

serstickman
TMV Forum Member

Soprano or Alto for Symphonic Rock project

Looking for Female singer to sing & collaborate on symphonic rock project with singer/songwriter in Jacksonville, Fl: at my studio or over the internet. No drug users, no alcoholics need apply.

If over internet must have working computer, DAW, mic, & the interface + broadband internet.  Good communication skills a must.  Internet applicants must be willing to Skype (no cam required), if out of United States.

There is a business plan for this project.  Please, SERIOUS inquiries only.

Peace :)

Brett
Jacksonville, Fl

2013-11-16 20:55:13

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-11-18 17:19:50

serstickman
TMV Forum Member

Re: Soprano or Alto for Symphonic Rock project

I see 19 folks have read the OP without comment. Please, if anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

#3 2013-11-18 21:58:54

slstone
TMV Forum Member

People don't think you are a professional because you haven't posted the information people need to know before inquiring. Your post is a little vague.

Official Press Release - 'Book of Shadows' CD for sale now!
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/slstone
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/book- … d611487291
http://www.slstonemusic.com
Need music with which to sing along? 50% off All Services November Sale. Sign up now! http://stonecraftmusicstudio.com

#4 2013-11-18 22:20:20

All Prog Vocalist
TMV Forum Member

19......?   there's something like 1500 views on the whole page and only about 10 responses from people. Your expecting a ltitle more than this site seems capable of. 

I think there's an internet project needing a singer just like yours about 20 posts down from yours....  That one's got 100 views and no response in months...

Throw some samples in the critic section and you'll get all kinds of posts.   Good luck with your project BTW.

Last edited by All Prog Vocalist (2013-11-19 01:24:37)

#5 2013-11-18 22:28:13

serstickman
TMV Forum Member

slstone wrote:

People don't think you are a professional because you haven't posted the information people need to know before inquiring. Your post is a little vague.

What info do "people need to know" in order to inquire further?

Should I include a song list?  A detailed copy of the business plan?

Respectfully, if people want to know "what they need to know" why wouldn't they just ask?

I say these things because I have always failed at mind reading.

#6 2013-11-18 22:31:01

serstickman
TMV Forum Member

All Prog Vocalist wrote:

Throw some samples in the critic section and you'll get all kinds of posts.   Good luck with your project BTW.

Thank you for the suggestion & your kind comment regarding project.

Best to you & yours.

#7 2013-11-18 22:49:30

serstickman
TMV Forum Member

One of the songs written & roughly recorded for the project.

http://stickman.artlife.us/Stickman%20B … 0Sword.mp3

Please excuse my poor vocals.  My poor vocal abilities are why I am searching for a real singer.  Thanks for listening. Peace :)

#8 2013-11-19 02:05:41

All Prog Vocalist
TMV Forum Member

I have only been in here myself for a day or two..  but I listened to this.. So forgive me for my old ass views of things... as I am a prog rock vocalistr from the old days... so I am out of touch with what the younger musicians might feel would work for you.  but for my ear... I am not so sure you want a Suprano Female vocalist...   Again...   IMHO.... if I may..?  I am hearing something like the dual harmony vocals you get in some of the old Uriah Heep material or perhaps "Burn" from Deep Purple,  Two very strong voices one with good high range the other with a cutting tenor...
  But now that's just me...  Again you'll get all kinds of opinions..   And again,  all the best brotha... we're all just using the talents we have to do something worthwhile before we fade away.

#9 2013-11-19 02:17:48

serstickman
TMV Forum Member

All Prog Vocalist wrote:

I have only been in here myself for a day or two..  but I listened to this.. So forgive me for my old ass views of things... as I am a prog rock vocalistr from the old days... so I am out of touch with what the younger musicians might feel would work for you.  but for my ear... I am not so sure you want a Suprano Female vocalist...   Again...   IMHO.... if I may..?  I am hearing something like the dual harmony vocals you get in some of the old Uriah Heep material or perhaps "Burn" from Deep Purple,  Two very strong voices one with good high range the other with a cutting tenor...
  But now that's just me...  Again you'll get all kinds of opinions..   And again,  all the best brotha... we're all just using the talents we have to do something worthwhile before we fade away.

Appreciate the input. Appreciate ya, period. Peace :)

#10 2013-11-19 23:04:20

slstone
TMV Forum Member

Well, that's the trick of it. If you don't know what people want to know, then you are new at this which makes my earlier point. Good luck with your project.

Official Press Release - 'Book of Shadows' CD for sale now!
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/slstone
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/book- … d611487291
http://www.slstonemusic.com
Need music with which to sing along? 50% off All Services November Sale. Sign up now! http://stonecraftmusicstudio.com

#11 2013-11-20 00:06:49

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Actually, I see quite a bit of info in the first post but not all the info that would come to my mind.

At the beginning, you give the "mechanical" requirements such as what hardware, apps a singer would need to work with you if she is not able to get to Jacksonville.

What would be more important to me, though I am not a soprano (in that I am not female,) is the legal questions.

"Project" is a broad word. Is it one song? It is an album? Who gets paid and how? Is the end goal publication and/or professional release? Performers on a recording get mechanical rights on units sold. Or a work-for-hire fee, sometimes influenced by unions, depending on where you are. People who contribute to songwriting get copyright credits.

In addition, there are very few female singers in the forum. And of the ones I have known about, none of them are into prog, ala Nightwish.

But I could suggest posting in the media site here. You will find a lot of female singers there and some them do stuff that could easily translate into prog.

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

#12 2013-11-20 02:56:50

serstickman
TMV Forum Member

ronws wrote:

Actually, I see quite a bit of info in the first post but not all the info that would come to my mind.

At the beginning, you give the "mechanical" requirements such as what hardware, apps a singer would need to work with you if she is not able to get to Jacksonville.

What would be more important to me, though I am not a soprano (in that I am not female,) is the legal questions.

"Project" is a broad word. Is it one song? It is an album? Who gets paid and how? Is the end goal publication and/or professional release? Performers on a recording get mechanical rights on units sold. Or a work-for-hire fee, sometimes influenced by unions, depending on where you are. People who contribute to songwriting get copyright credits.

In addition, there are very few female singers in the forum. And of the ones I have known about, none of them are into prog, ala Nightwish.

But I could suggest posting in the media site here. You will find a lot of female singers there and some them do stuff that could easily translate into prog.

Oh well, this is apparently not the site for me.

I would have happily answered any questions regarding the questions you posed in a private msg or email.  I'm not going to come into any forum and announce the fiscal details of my project to a open forum full of strangers.  I also would not discuss the finer details regarding copyright & publishing in an open forum as well.  That's private business to be shared with singers who are interested in learning about the porject via PM or email.

Best of luck to you all. Peace :)

Btw...Nightwish, Within Temptation are not prog bands. They are symphonic rock/metal bands :)  watch & enjoy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUTTA2X74N4

Last edited by serstickman (2013-11-20 03:00:13)

#13 2013-11-20 10:42:46

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Well, no, you don't have to post a contract, here and I was not implying such. But if your initial post was a bit more definitive about the direction of the project. Basically, is the project going anywhere and what is that destination. Some people may want to move beyond just having a neat recording to keep in their files. And, I think, most importantly for now, I've not seen women in the forum that are into prog or "symph rock" as much as you might like or need. However, women who have pages in the media section, you might find a wider selection.

We have one classical singer in the forum, Elena House. But her dad would not allow such a thing. Though, she did cover Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters."

You might look up fellow member Guitar George. He goes to a collab site and you might find help, there.

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer