TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2013-11-16 03:10:27

All Prog Vocalist
TMV Forum Member
Vocalist looking for Prog Tribute individual or multi band format

Hi,  from upstate NY. looking for a band that has lost its singer or is close to ready with material, possibly a start up if the players are local and can produce a show quickly.

I have the lucky ability to cover the work of many world class vocalists.  My specialty is the classic progressive rock genre, I know a great deal of the catalog's of,  and can sound very much like the singers in....

Yes, Genesis, Rush, Led Zeppelin, Gentle Giant, UK, ELP, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Focus, Atomic Rooster, Uriah Heep.

I know this sounds like a boast but you'll be a believer once you hear me.
I can hit the notes and sound like Jon Anderson, or Geddy Lee and I know the difference...  Robert PLant is not just about the high notes his talent was a sweeping range and his tenor was powerful and he also had a beautiful voice.. So many Zep Tribute singers can only scream his lyrics they can't capture Stairway to Heaven and No One can match my Kashmir.  I can cover the vocals of KErry Minnear or Derek Shulman with equal accuracy.... Give me "I Lost My Head" I even have a little Shulberry for Playing the Game.

I am currently involved in a fantastic Bar band that pays the bills but am looking to find another project that covers some of my favorite and my best material in Classic Prog.

My work also covers Sting/The Police, Roger Daultry, Deep Purple, Joe Walsh or Don Henely, Frank Zappa or George Duke in his younger years..... and the list goes one and on....

I am working on my German for Sofa #2 right now.   And I find Inca Roads one of my favorite pieces from the man.   

I can travel, and am only interested in something that will pay soon....  I'd love to be in a tribute to the entire genre.... My voice is durable and so am I.  You won;t find another vocalist who can swing from Geddy Lee to Greg Lake or Robert Plant like I can... and do it all night....
I am 52.... I still look pretty good.... You will be very pleased with my work.

Sample   Firth of Fifth  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hulSeyRq6s0

Last edited by All Prog Vocalist (2013-11-16 18:05:52)

2013-11-16 03:10:27

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-11-16 14:00:52

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Re: Vocalist looking for Prog Tribute individual or multi band format

Nice resume. Maybe you can link in some recordings or videos. Also, you can start your own profile page in the media section where you can link all of that in and customize your page. Then, you can link just that one page and everyone can hear and see what you've got that sounds special, certainly from your description.

In here, it is mostly singers working problems or singing for the critics. Which can be valuable. I usually listen from the standpoint of a fan of music, though, as my understanding and ears get better, I kind of listen like a producer, as far as recording editing goes.

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

#3 2013-11-16 18:12:05

All Prog Vocalist
TMV Forum Member
Re: Vocalist looking for Prog Tribute individual or multi band format

I have a Sample of some Jon Anderson and Robert Plant as well on my youtube channel..   I did post some Peter Gabriel in my last message... 

great site ! BTW....   lots of info..... I am just an unknown singer with some talent and durability.  My music is dead to the modern music industry but there are some special and very lucrative audiences that have never heard someone transition from Jon Anderson to John Wetton, Greg Lake, Derek Shulman, Kerry Minnear, Ian Anderson then to Geddy Lee and  Robert Plant. I can;t do everything they did but I do have an interesting group of music I can cover for sure. 

I hope there is a band that needs this out there and I can hook up with them.  I am not getting younger.
  Randy

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer