TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

• Index
  •  » Recording
  •  » Anyone have the Editors Keys Vocal Booth Pro 2nd Edition.

#1 2013-09-19 05:47:25

gilad
TMV Forum Member

Anyone have the Editors Keys Vocal Booth Pro 2nd Edition.

Hey Guys.

Would love to hear what you think about this vocal booth. Does it really make a difference?

Thanks.
Gilad

2013-09-19 05:47:25

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-09-21 16:58:53

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Re: Anyone have the Editors Keys Vocal Booth Pro 2nd Edition.

Easier for people to view if you include a link, I think.

http://www.editorskeys.com/portable-voc … mic-stand/

Looks pretty neat. But I don't have any experience with it or know anyone who does.

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

#3 2013-09-21 18:43:54

gilad
TMV Forum Member

ronws wrote:

Easier for people to view if you include a link, I think.

http://www.editorskeys.com/portable-voc … mic-stand/

Looks pretty neat. But I don't have any experience with it or know anyone who does.

LOL! I thought I posted one.. Thanks ;)

#4 2013-09-21 23:24:26

ronws
TMV Forum Member

You might also contact my brother (real brother) Slstone, master of building a home studio in one room, on the cheap.

And there are a few vids on youtube, too. You've already got a mic and recording gear. A few dollars in foam from a craft store applied in a closet and you have a singing booth. Granted,  I don't how readily available such places are in Israel. So, move to Texas, in the USA. There's a craft store in every town.

It's just that easy. :lol:

#5 2013-09-22 18:19:10

Adolph Namlik
Executive Director, The Modern Vocalist World

Here's a link to Ron's brother's (Slstone) article as well >>> http://www.themodernvocalist.com/profil … ally-cheap

Adolph C. Namlik
Executive Director ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.
adolph@themodernvocalist.com
http://www.themodernvocalist.com/profile/AdolphNamlik
Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

#6 2013-09-23 00:01:58

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Thanks, Adolph. And I am sure Scott will thank you, too.

He went the whole nine yards, converting a small room into an actual recording room and spent, overall, a few hundred bucks.

And I have seen videos where for less than $40 USD, you can buy some foam or fabric and tack it up in an actual closet where you normally hang clothes and set your mic and laptop in there. Or whatever portable digital recording device.

I just had another insight. If you, like I, record sitting in front of your desktop on a desk in the corner of a room, you can buy a yard or so of foam from a craft store. It will deaden and remove the noise from the computer fan and deaden a lot of room presence (a problem I have) if you place it behind your mic on the mic stand. My computer is sitting at the end of what is really a long room. kind of a back living area that includes a dining room area and the kitchen. Probably the kitchen wall where the stove sits is about 25 feet. So, when I ramp up my vocal volume, you can hear some room presence, which becomes a "printed" effect when recording. I wish I had thought of that foam thing before. In fact, I still have some foam pads from the days when I camped a lot (put it under the sleeping bags.) Anything that would help create a dry track.

Even without that, do like David Lee Roth and hang some kind of fabric, even a t-shirt or towel between your mic and a noise source, such as the desktop computer and it's ventilation fan. Let me see if I can find Roth's high tech recording booth.

#7 2013-09-23 00:09:00

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Here you go. This is how one of the biggest rock stars in the world records. I don't care what people say about him ( and neither does he,) he is the consumate entertainer and always delivers the goods. How dare he be happy!

Edited to add:

I bet you didn't know that Roth can play guitar.

Last edited by ronws (2013-09-23 00:46:55)

• Index
  •  » Recording
  •  » Anyone have the Editors Keys Vocal Booth Pro 2nd Edition.
OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer