TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2012-12-10 09:53:18

lineboss58
TMV Forum Member
Microphone collecting

I have been singing on and off for a few years, over that time i have picked up an array of vocal mic's. Some classic  models and some off the wall items. i find that in most situations i have a mic to cover the job.  Are any of you people out there mic collectors?

2012-12-10 09:53:18

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-12-10 15:07:19

Aaron Meyers
TMV Forum Member
Re: Microphone collecting

I collect them for use mostly.

Right now I have a Sennhieser MD 421, Heil PR40 and Shure 57.

Singer, Songwriter, Bass player and Guitarist
Student of Robert Lunte

#3 2012-12-10 19:57:13

lineboss58
TMV Forum Member

Some nice mic's youve  got there, i have the heil pr22 which i use a lot for practice work.

#4 2012-12-16 16:23:45

ronws
TMV Forum Member

I may be wrong but I think the largest collection of mics is that of our benefactor, Robert Lunte, a self-professed "mic junkie."

You should see some of his comparison videos, which I think are posted in this section. He will give you the pros and cons, his favorites, cost comparisons versus utility. What you may need as a beginner, or road-weary pro.

He lives, breathes, eats, and sleeps for singing (outside of his priority for his family, of course.)

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

#5 2013-02-08 09:12:50

nightfly68
TMV Forum Member

now my collection reached the number of 16 mics 13 for live and 3 studio...

#6 2013-02-11 00:18:09

ronws
TMV Forum Member

nightfly68 wrote:

So, do you have an album coming out and why have I not been informed about it?

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

#7 2013-02-11 10:42:12

nightfly68
TMV Forum Member

ronws wrote:

nightfly68 wrote:

So, do you have an album coming out and why have I not been informed about it?

:D

no it wa a mix of adding.. without selling.. some sale bought.. and sometime curiosity

The studio one are
the main one (at the moment) a RODE NT2a
the waiting for modding a tube mic Apex 460 bought used that I would like to mod to have a C12 like.
a good for the price, an handheld large diaphgram a superlux 238 MKII (paid 29 € in a short term sale at thomann)

The dynamics ones
Shure SM58 (a birthday gift, my first one, but now mainly ued to give in the hand of karaokers)
Superlux 248 Pro (paid 39 €) a mic I like a lot sounding very bright (like a beta 58) but second to others at the moment, so... passed in the hands of karaokers.
AKG D5 in bundle with Voicelive 2. never used .. I'll sell probably tomorrow.
My preferred ones... Electrovoice ND 767 and TC Helicon MP75, I use the second one mainly with Voicelive 2 to have the benefits of mic control over the FX.

The condenser ones... have a sequencial story:
The first has been a Superlux S125 (great microphone for the price, at the time only 49 €), then a second one to have a stereo pair, now mainly there for the pair reason in case I need a couple.
Then I won a Rode M2 here on TMV.. a gift well accepted as I like it very much very crispy sound.
The AKG C900 emotion, was sold never used by a guy for a ridicoulous price for the value, I decided to take it, sometimes I think to resell it (with a good gain.. but never had the strenght to give it away... as I'm not in need of money)
At the end.. the last one.. the Ferrari... or the Rolls Royce as you prefer... I found an ad.. Neumann KMS 104 250 € perfect conditions ... How many seconds you think I needed to decide?

In the middle of those.. the 2 for 20 mic... the lampifire programmable DSP couple bought with the offer buy one take both. They are particular mics that I programmed for some specific situations, as I could need a strenght gate for feedback rejection playing with band in small clubs

I need all them? Sure no... But .. curiosity, sales, fate, made the collection.. and I'm happy to play with them.. altough I'm not a professional, but a Karaoke Jockey (needing economic gear), that plays too with a rock band (cover, neding dynamic mics) or alone for entertaining reason, like restaurants, marraiges etc (needing condenser ones).

ooh... I made my album... the title was "Give it away... for free", I made by myself the copies to gift to my friends my last birthday :D:P

Last edited by nightfly68 (2013-02-11 11:10:14)

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer