TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2013-02-01 18:06:48

Days Within Mike
TMV Forum Member
Vocal effects in studio

I am in a modern rock band and our style is alot like Three Days Grace/Nickelback.....I need help finding the right vocal effects.....Does anyone know what vocal effects Adam Gontier uses?  Im sure he uses some vocal dist. but what else?   Thank you

2013-02-01 18:06:48

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-02-02 16:11:25

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Re: Vocal effects in studio

I know Nickleback more than I know 3 Days Grace. So, I am going to be more familiar with the sound of Chad Kroger. Sometimes, I get silly and say that he gets that sound because he knows how to use the stomp box in front of his mic stand. And before anyone tells me that singers don't use stomp boxes, I got schooled by someone saying they saw Robert Plant using one, back in the day. And in this forum, pay attention to the ad banners. They sell vocal effects boxes that plug in, in-line, just like you would with a guitar.

But I don't know what processes specifically are used in studio except that I do hear nuances of echo and compression.

Is Chad doing something to create that rattle sound in his voice that is not a result of special electronic and computer effects? I don't know. I don't even know if he was trained and how.

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer