TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2012-01-04 22:05:08

Jason Dupree
TMV Forum Member
audacity latency

Ive been using audacity to record stuff for a while, and im noticing a problem that is really bugging me. the tracks wont line up completely. Audacity does an auto offset to offset the latency, and that works for a while, maybe a minute of recording. then i have to give an an extra nudge after that. Another problem is time is stretching and shrinking. While im recording a second track, the first one will slow down a bit in places, then catch up, etc. even with click tracks. even when the first one doesnt do that, when i listen to it afterwards sometimes the new track will stretch. is there a way to fix this or make it not so noticeable?

2012-01-04 22:05:08

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-01-15 13:38:11

Davesax1965
TMV Forum Member
Re: audacity latency

Jason, are you using an ASIO driver (google ASIO 4 ALL ) or going through your operating system ?

#3 2013-01-16 03:29:37

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Re: audacity latency

Jason, I have had the same problem. Depending on how simple the additional track is, I've been getting away with a tempo adjust of .01 percent and then line up the start of the second waveform with a landmark in the first track. However, Felipe in his thread in this section, shows a way of adjusting latency that might work in audacity. Create a first track with a click track. Put the mic in the headphone and started a second track. Use the sample difference between the two tracks and us that to set the latency settings.

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer