TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2012-12-29 20:09:17

Vocalisha
TMV Forum Member

Cardioid or super carioid???

Hi everyone!

I have a question about cardioid mics and super cardioid mics: Which one should I use in my rockband? We only play at small venues and most of the time the monitors are in front of me, but I like to move a lot on stage.

And which one do you all use?

Regards,

Vocalisha

2012-12-29 20:09:17

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-12-30 11:14:35

TimmyP1955
TMV Forum Member
Re: Cardioid or super carioid???

You can't choose a mic based only on the pattern type, as all models of a given type do not have the same pattern.  Pick a mic that has a good reputation for the application.  If you are on the same monitor mix as the other singers, it may be best to use what they use, as multiple mic models on a mix can be a problem (since different models require different frequencies to be cut on the EQ, you can end up with nothing usable left).

My favorite is still the OM7, though the OM6, OM3, ND767a, PL80a, E935 and E835 are good choices for use on a noisy stage (as most rock stages are).  Some folks like the PR35 (the PR22 sounds great but is useless on a rock stage).

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer