TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

• Index
  •  » Microphones
  •  » Electro-Voice N/D767a and the little talked about N/D967

#1 2012-11-26 19:36:30

Riffs
TMV Forum Member
Electro-Voice N/D767a and the little talked about N/D967

I'm on the hunt for a live microphone different from my Shure Beta 58, that will suit my voice better. I am the lead vocalist in a mostly old school heavy/thrash metal band. We play fairly loud and to top it off, we rent rehearsal space by the hour and change locations almost every time we practice. This means the actual PA setup, room configuration, amps, drums setup are always different and knowing where are the feedback hotspots can be a nightmare.

I've heard a lot of good about EV's N/D767a and I have to say it suits my voice good enough but there's almost no actual reviewing of the N/D967. I know I'd have to listen for myself and all but I could really use more detailed opinions on this microphone if anyone has actual experiene with it.

I love that it seems to be a less traditional mike, with its short capsule. I know it's a high gain before feedback mic. But past that, it seems people brush it off fairly quickly while they rave about the N/D767a but I never completely understood why. For starters, I have read conflicting reports on whether it's got a hot output.

I'm very curious if the N/D967 is as sharp as the N/D767a. I'M also curious about live applications and whether you can play with proximity through mic control during a performance and get good effect for harsher vocals or if it's a one trick pony you must use at an equal distance all the time.

Anyone with some experience on this mic care to share, please?

Thanks inadvance!

2012-11-26 19:36:30

AdBot
Advertisements
  • Index
  •  » Microphones
  •  » Electro-Voice N/D767a and the little talked about N/D967
OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer