TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2012-07-04 11:56:59

Bardo
TMV Forum Member
Recorder for developing songs

Hi, I am new to the forum. I am looking for a small digital recorder/multitrack that will enable me to record vocal passages, create loops and then overdub to develop composition ideas. I want something really simple and intuitive. Anyone have experience of the Boss micro multitrack or its successor the BR-80? Or anything similar?

Peace,
Bardo

2012-07-04 11:56:59

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-07-26 02:18:28

FelipeCarvalho
TMV Forum Member
Website

Re: Recorder for developing songs

I use my android phone. App J 4 Tracks. Quite nice.

#3 2012-07-28 13:39:35

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Multi-nominated and awarding-winning songwriter James Blume can barely play any notes on a guitar or piano. He keeps a little digital recorder with him and hums melodies and lyrics into it. Later, piecing them together and getting together with a guitar playing friend to flesh out chords and arrangement.

As for what you can do at home. Get a USB interface for musical instruments. I have the Guitarface II interface. It was like $35 USD. The studio condenser mic I use was cheaper than that. The most expensive mic I have is the Sennheiser e835 dynamic stage mic, which I bought on ebay for $74.99 (and free shipping.) About half of retail.

And then record into Audacity, which is freeware downloadable just about anywhere. Note: you will also need to download an aftermarket LAME mp3 encoder plug-in, also free, so that you can export sound files to mp3, if that is your wish.

That would be more than ample enough to make mult- track vocals. You can import karaoke sound files if they are in a compatible format, such as mp3 or avi or ogg. All of my stuff I have submitted was recorded with Audacity.

Last edited by ronws (2012-07-28 13:40:57)

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

#4 2012-07-28 21:22:51

Bardo
TMV Forum Member

Thanks Ron : ):D

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer