TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2012-06-13 02:55:01

yuutokun
TMV Forum Member
PA Settings

Hello everyone!
I've got a question regarding PA settings when practicing in the studio. 
Does anyone ever mess with the highs, mids, and lows?
If so, does this make a big difference. 

I've been thinking about experimenting with different settings but I'm not sure when to do what.
Also, if there are any particular settings you use, please let me know what and why.
I'm trying to get a better understanding so that I can get better sound for my vocals live and in the practice studio.

Thank you.

2012-06-13 02:55:01

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-07-16 09:58:45

nightfly68
TMV Forum Member

Re: PA Settings

You cannot have a "unique standard setting" as every voice have is formants and is harmonics.

So you may need to reduce mid 800hz for someone or increase mid 670hz for someonelse
Someone may have a hissing voice at 6000 hz someone else having poor highs.

#3 2012-07-16 13:03:35

Vocalist Dad
TMV Forum Member
Re: PA Settings

Who is helping set the vocals in the live setting? Is this a sound person you know or are you setting them yourself? If it is someone you know, you can seek their opinion. In the practice studio, I have always like just a little reverb on vocals, just gives a little warmer/fuller effect. As for dialing in highs/mids/lows, each room you sing in is going to require a little tweaking to get what you like.

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer