TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2012-04-20 08:25:40

nightfly68
TMV Forum Member

TC Helicon marketing strategies... against customers?

It's very strange.

Is the first time a company have not care of their top of the class customers, but only about selling new gear.

What's the consequence?
Altough you can have the greatest products on the market the follow up, the updates, and the customer service are very important to decide to invest on them

After the introcuction of VL2 technically a wonderful engine, and after one years spent waiting it worked well (the first firmwares weren't so error free) they began to create lower class products offering features never updated in VL2.
Particularly with VLPlay, a gear offered for 1/3 of the price, they began to offer a bunch of song and artists presets, and a monthly pack. Feature that VL2 users had asked formerly... as a desired update.
As the engine is the same there's no technical reason they cant translate them for VL2..
They don't want.. they want to sell the play-toy, and they want to sell the presets... in this way, forcing them to the gear.

Ok ni commercial war.. everything is licit... ?
Do you think this is a right behaviour against top of the class users.. that spent 800 bucks for the top of the class gear?

Imagine to buy a map-navigator and in the top of the class you can edit everything, but.. they release the maps.. only for the lower ones... how would you feel?

2012-04-20 08:25:40

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-04-21 11:58:39

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Re: TC Helicon marketing strategies... against customers?

Evidently, not many others are using TC - Helicon or there would have been more responses to this thread. I don't have the gear.

I had issues with the software that came with my Guitarface II USB interface. It was a gift to me from a friend. The included software was amplitude, a sound processing suite designed to work specifically with this interface. And I couldn't get the program activated. So, I emailed tech support. After most of a week of no response, I sent another email. And finally got a response. "multiple repeated requests are not helpful and will not result in any faster service ..." etc, blah, blah. This was followed up by no other emails nor any assistance asked for in my first email. So, 2 emails counted as me badgering them, nor was I impolite, rude, or snotty. I simply said that I cannot get the program to activate and could they help me with it.

In retrospect, I realize that this product was probably distributed through a broker (like one of the work-from-home deals where you can make so much money from your home computer) and I was probably dealing with someone who could barely figure out how to turn on a computer (it's that switch that says "power").

Or someone came up with some front door code for it just so that the advertising could claim that it comes with a recording software.

But yeah, their tech support was an epic fail.

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer