TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2012-03-25 23:43:17

TheYonderGod
TMV Forum Member
Using a USB mic -> laptop -> amp, for live singing

Hello, first off let me say that I am not a singer, I am a drummer, but I'm the computer nerd of the group so I'm the one who is going to need to figure this out ;) I just googled "vocalist forum" and found this, so here I am :D Also I'm sorry if I'm posting the wrong section, I saw a few sections that I thought this question might belong in but I wasn't sure about any of them.

Anyways, here is my question,

I have a USB guitar hero mic (it is decent quality, I know some people use it to record drums for covers on youtube, better quality than a camera mic) What I want to do is plug it into my laptop and plug my laptop into an amp for my band's singer, and possibly add some type of effects.
I need a program that will take the mic input and output it through my headphone jack without latency. If that program can add effects it's a plus but it's not absolutely needed. If it's good quality and we can get some cool effects we'll use it for our performance at the talent show, but if not we'll just use it for practice and use the PA that's going to be there for the performance.
I tried audacity but there is a very noticeable lag, and apparently ASIO isn't compatible with Audacity for licensing reasons.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Edit: I tried REAPER, without ASIO drivers there is still lag but less than there is with Audacity, so I'll try that next practice and see if it will work ok, if I don't get a better answer here. With ASIO drivers, I can't figure out how to use my USB input and my sound card output - is it possible?

Edit2: Ok, I figured out how to use ASIO, I just had to click the advanced tab to be able to select more than 1 device. Now I have another question, what kind of effects should I be looking at for singing The Trooper by Iron Maiden?

Last edited by TheYonderGod (2012-03-26 07:53:51)

2012-03-25 23:43:17

AdBot
Advertisements
OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer