TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2011-03-08 21:52:05

Adolph Namlik
Executive Director, The Modern Vocalist World

Adding a Samson Airline 77 and a Sonic Maximizer to my "chain" ???

I'm considering adding the Samson Airline 77 wireless system and the BBE 882i Sonic Maximizer to my "chain" (beginning with the Samson), but am not sure where to add these components. Obviously, I don't want to "fry" my entire system !!!

My current "chain" is as follows :
(Various) Mics > Radial Hot Shot ABI Input Selector
Output of ABI > TC Correct Input
Output of TC Correct > Input of TC Create
Output of TC Create > Input of Antares AVP Vocal Producer
Output of the Antares > Powered Mixer

I'm not that "technical", nor a sound engineer by any means !!!

I'm ASSUMING that the Samson 77 is placed in the chain between the Antares Vocal Producer and the mixer, however, adding the Sonic Maximizer is confusing ??? :rolleyes:

Any assistance with adding the Samson Airline 77 and the Sonic Maximizer to my current chain would be sincerely appreciated !!!

Thank you...
Adolph

Adolph C. Namlik
Executive Director ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.
adolph@themodernvocalist.com
http://www.themodernvocalist.com/profile/AdolphNamlik
Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

2011-03-08 21:52:05

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2011-09-19 17:24:14

davidpat
TMV Forum Member
Re: Adding a Samson Airline 77 and a Sonic Maximizer to my "chain" ???

Adolph,

The Airline is a good wireless mic, a friend of mine swears by them. The BBE 882i Sonic Maximizer should be the last step on your chain, just before the power amp. Actually, you said that you are using a power mixer so put it between the mixer and the amp (but not as an aux). If you use it before the EQ process you can get into a sound bounce that may fight you all night long. I use it as a mastering component for my live sound. You can experiment with it but do try to get your mix just like you want it (without the BBE 882i Sonic Maximizer) and the gradually add the 882 to the sound to "color" the mix. It should give you more depth, clarity, and overall bouquet of sound. Hope this helps!

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer