TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2008-12-12 18:36:10

DestinationDawn
TMV Forum Member
Vocoders

I am looking for some information concerning vocoders. Are there any vocal processers that can give this effect? (Like heard in alot of R&B ex Rihanna) My vocal processers at the current time are a Digitech harmonizer and a Digitech vx400.   Or is the sound always tied to a keyboard? If so, am I fortunate enough, being financially strapped,  to have this ability using the Korg Triton or Fantom X7 that I already own? (and if so how???)  I do have software, the Korg Legacy collection, but have not even used it yet. I have read of plug ins, but really do not fully understand. It would just be great to sing into a mic with a processer, without all the other confusion to figure out. Any help concerning this would be great. I have watched some videos and read some articles but am still confused. Thanks so much in advance for any assistance.:D

2008-12-12 18:36:10

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2008-12-15 23:06:07

alessandrodelvecchio
Charter Member of TMV Voice Council

Re: Vocoders

Hey Dwan.
Triton has an input for microphones and a vocoder section..
it works this way..
you sing and push a key...thep vocoder will let your voice sing in the algorythm of the note you hit with your keyboard and will process it as you will..with delays flangers and so on.
I don't think there a hardwaree machine with no keys..you need a keyboard.
There are so many vocoder as plug ins.
Vokator is one of the best.
but so many sofwares now have their own vocoder thing.
Hope this helps.
Ale

Alessandro Del Vecchio
Vocal coach and recording artist for Ian Paice, Glenn Hughes, Jeff Scott Soto, Carmine Appice, Andre Matos, Bob Harris, Steve Walsh, James Christian, Robin Beck and many others...ehm..too many;-)
www.myspace.com/alessandrodelvecchio

#3 2008-12-16 14:12:07

DestinationDawn
TMV Forum Member

Thank you so much for your response. I will have to play around with the Triton and check it out!!!:)

#4 2009-01-12 16:36:22

Rychemaiden
TMV Forum Member

Hope this post is close enough to topic....what would a singer use to "compose" guitar tracks, keys, drums etc as a demo to give a band so that they would have a "starting" point for a new song??? Think ive seen a keyboard based SW for this type of thing, but know NOTHING about it.....

Ancora Imparo

#5 2009-05-10 05:19:04

Robert Lunte
TMV World Forum - Founder
Website

Thanks Ale... If you guys dont know, Ale is one of the top voice coaches in Europe and its great to have Ale here.

Here are two companies right now that are making great vocoder pedals. TC-Helicon and a new comer called, Electro-Harmonix. Check out their video here : http://www.themodernvocalistpartner.com/tmvpedals   click the video embed after Hasson Chopper speaks to you...

I think this box is cool.

http://www.musicgadgets.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/electro-harmonix-voice-box.jpg

#6 2011-04-07 08:01:48

nightfly68
TMV Forum Member

Hi Robert, Alessandro and other guys...

I would understand if it's possible to find a kind of vocal synth.. or better.. of synth I can drive with my voice ...
and not.. as usual vocoders.. with keyboards.. driving voice.

Naturally.. in real time...

As it happen with guitarists... like Pat Metheny that plays kind of brass, or trumpet synth.. via guitar.

The concept is something that convert in real time with zero latency human voice in midi notes and in this way drive any kind of synth
The scope is to make a sax, guitar, or any kind of solos.. via voice...

I know (not so easily) how to realize it in studio with computers and pugins...
But I would like to find an hardware solution for it

It already exist?
There's some hardware company rapresentant here that can forward the idea?

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer