TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

• Index
  •  » TC-Helicon
  •  » No Presets for Lead Singers? Need File to Import

#1 2009-09-20 20:38:51

Robert Lunte
TMV World Forum - Founder
Website

No Presets for Lead Singers? Need File to Import

Joey:

The VL2 does not come with any presets that are suitable for a lead singer?  They are all harmony and most of those sound very country-like.

It would be very helpful if TC-Helicon would create a downloadable file from your profile page, refer to the proper software to interface with and provide instructions on how someone that does not want a harmony preset can set up at least 5-10 presets that will help the lead singer get more value out of VL2.

NOTE:

Delays should have a relatively short decay... not go on forever.  Just about 3 repeats is perfect.

Can you create these files?

2009-09-20 20:38:51

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2009-09-21 15:50:39

Joey @ TC Helicon
TMV Forum Member
Re: No Presets for Lead Singers? Need File to Import

Hiya Robert,

The first thing I'd suggest is to use the "Wizard" and select "no harmony". There are over 90 presets without harmony.

For the second tag select “Ambience Short” you’ll find reverbs and delays that have shorter decays (combination of delay time and delay feedback make for the shorter decays).

Also, bear in mind you always have the option to turn off the harmony in any preset you like the sound of. Delays are of course entirely editable too by going to the edit menu (here you can set pretty much every parameter).

Harmony can be great for the lead singer, and is popular in many styles outside Country. It’s easier to use now with the aux input too.

In regards to posting presets, this is totally do-able. Can  you suggest a few songs/signature sounds you're looking for?

Best wishes,

Joey

#3 2009-09-21 20:33:54

Robert Lunte
Website

Joey, this is helpful... I was not aware of the "wizard" and "no harmony" settings.. .and how to get to 90 presets without harmony... that alone may do it.  and ambient short.

Can you give us the work flow on how to find those settings on the system here on this forum?

#4 2009-09-23 15:37:00

Joey @ TC Helicon
TMV Forum Member

Hiya Robert,

Sure :).

1) From the initial front screen on your VoiceLive 2, press the WIZARD button (located on the left hand side of the top panel directly underneath the PITCH button).

2) Turn the navigate wheel once to the left to select the TAG tab.

3) Make sure that only NO HARMONY and AMBIENCE SHORT are selected. You can select or deselect tags by turning the second in from the left mix knob located under the display screen (one click left = off .... One click right = on). This will then allow you to see all available presets with these attributes.

Best wishes,

Joey

#5 2009-09-23 17:37:01

Robert Lunte
Website

Humm... VERY good.  This should be published some where ... its an important configuration.

#6 2009-09-24 15:10:40

Joey @ TC Helicon
TMV Forum Member

Hiya Robert,

Glad I could help!

Best,

Joey

#7 2009-09-25 01:32:34

Snax
TMV Forum Member
Website

Now THIS is great product support! Nicely done Joey!

"GIDDYUP!"

#8 2009-09-27 21:45:51

Joey @ TC Helicon
TMV Forum Member

My pleasure Snax, give me a shout anytime!

Best wishes,

Joey

#9 2011-03-09 08:33:15

jhon12
TMV Forum Member

Totally agree, Thanks for sharing such a nice post. Truly involving, please keep up the good work. I really appreciate your efforts to sharing that kind of content. These are really good one and worthy to visit here. I think so that this one is great totally relevant to the post and it was good experience to read and I am looking after this and expecting more and more good work from you as well.

• Index
  •  » TC-Helicon
  •  » No Presets for Lead Singers? Need File to Import
OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer