TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2014-11-30 23:30:14

guitargeorge
TMV Forum Member

"Money Maker" - original rock

This is a work-in-progress mix, as this one is is taking ages to finish... :(

http://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8/money-maker

As usual, constructive criticism is welcome.

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... and then this happens

2014-11-30 23:30:14

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-12-01 20:45:25

Clint Torres
TMV Forum Member
Re: "Money Maker" - original rock

Nothing I can say about that but damn good.  It would appear you already know what you are doing and I would be asking you for advice. :)

Last edited by Clint Torres (2014-12-01 20:46:05)

#3 2014-12-01 21:33:32

guitargeorge
TMV Forum Member

Clint - thanks :)

One benefit of writing and creating original songs, is that you can take them in a direction to suit your own voice, which is what I did here. Cheating maybe?

I'm not totally happy with the vocals, I think I need to rework the high harmony bits, the occasional "Miley's little money maker", as there's something's not not quite right in there. Also we are waiting on real drums to be tracked - on this mix drums are programmed, although they sound ok.

If you point me to one of your songs I'll see if I can add any words of wisdom ;)

Last edited by guitargeorge (2014-12-01 21:35:53)

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... and then this happens

#4 2014-12-01 21:46:36

Clint Torres
TMV Forum Member

guitargeorge wrote:

One benefit of writing and creating original songs, is that you can take them in a direction to suit your own voice, which is what I did here. Cheating maybe?

Not cheating. That is being artistic.

I'm not totally happy with the vocals, I think I need to rework the high harmony bits, the occasional "Miley's little money maker", as there's something's not not quite right in there.

Well, by pointing to mistakes you bring them to the attention of others. Only you know what you want. When you think it's right it will be. When you think it isn't right yet, but others like it. It is still right.

If you point me to one of your songs I'll see if I can add any words of wisdom ;)

Ha ha.  There is nothing out there done by me. Not recorded. I never got that far. I had a couple of recordings once but they are long gone. I sang with a band for awhile. Had some vocal instruction (sort of) and I think I did pretty good. Spent many years singing, practicing, singing live. Up until a few months ago. I won't get into it and I'd prefer not to.  But I don't sing anymore.

It's all good :)

Last edited by Clint Torres (2014-12-01 21:48:15)

#5 2014-12-02 01:14:00

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Clint Torres wrote:

Spent many years singing, practicing, singing live. Up until a few months ago. I won't get into it and I'd prefer not to.  But I don't sing anymore.

I feel compelled to ask. If you don't sing anymore, is being here part of a desire to get back into it.

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

#6 2014-12-02 01:46:37

Clint Torres
TMV Forum Member

ronws wrote:

Clint Torres wrote:

Spent many years singing, practicing, singing live. Up until a few months ago. I won't get into it and I'd prefer not to.  But I don't sing anymore.

I feel compelled to ask. If you don't sing anymore, is being here part of a desire to get back into it.

No, I just like to stay involved.

#7 2014-12-03 02:13:24

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Excellent stuff, George. It would be easier to offer criticism if you would do something wrong, at least, once in a while.

Even though the sound is very modern, the lyrics reminded me a bit of Led Zeppelin. Tasty, indeed.

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer