TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2014-11-19 03:34:05

Xamedhi
TMV Forum Member
Judas - Heaven on their Minds

Hey :D

I recorded this the other day, along with the other 2 Judas' excerpts :)   I made quite a few mistakes. I cut out a part at the end because I just messed up badly hahah, and at the start in "than the things you SAY", in that SAY, I wanted to go for a Overdrive sound, but I didn't onset well, so I changed to a Curbing sound after the H not to fall apart.

In general I found it quite well for being my official first try :D haha  Please leave some input, I would greatly appreciate it.

https://soundcloud.com/sebabergmann/jud … s-practice

2014-11-19 03:34:05

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-11-19 04:38:46

Owen Korzec
TMV Forum Member
Website

Re: Judas - Heaven on their Minds

great job! you should do a cover of this to a track!

#3 2014-11-19 04:50:20

Xamedhi
TMV Forum Member

Thank you very much Owen! :D   That's very important to me :)

I'm looking for a good backing track of this song :P

#4 2014-11-19 17:44:11

bono1982
TMV Forum Member

Hello Xamedhi ! very good! I also listened to the other songs you have in soundlcoud ... amazing how you go from the high notes at the lowest ... I think you should include those low notes in your songs and show off that amazing vocal range you have. Congratulations ! ; )

PS: What is the vocal technique you are learning ?

check out to my souncloud page! :) 
https://soundcloud.com/matias-azar-1

#5 2014-11-19 19:10:46

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Xamedhi wrote:

Thank you very much Owen! :D   That's very important to me :)

I'm looking for a good backing track of this song :P

Maybe you can ask my brother, slstone. When we collab'd on this song, he made the track for me, and actually it was his idea to do the whole thing, based on hearing my single guitar arrangement I had shared in a really old thread.

All you need is a brother as talented as mine is.

Anyway, I like what you are doing with this song and I notice you are following Carl's vocal line from the movie soundtrack very closely.

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

#6 2014-11-21 01:51:41

Xamedhi
TMV Forum Member

Thanks, bono!  I really don't quite consider my range amazing for now, haha, although I am amazed myself with the progress I've had. I started singing seriously one year ago in November, with very poor compression. But just like you noticed, I seem to have a somewhat natural ability to navigate through my whole range ( probably because of all the time that I sung breathy, as I think that smoothed my bridging coordination, or something ).

I greeaatly appreciate your opinion, it has reinforced the feeling of progress that I currently have. It's so nice to know that other people find your singing good :) In a genuine way haha

This is a new feeling to me :)

And Ron, when I got more time, I will try and send slstone an email to see what happens. It would be awesome if I can get a little help :P   My sister just sings, so we are both kind of in the same situation haha.

Also, it is sooo cool that you noticed that I follow Carl's singing, haha. I really admire him and I feel everything he does is spot on. His interpretation is epic.

Thanks again, guys, for your input. Not many people comment on my stuff, IF they even do, haha, so it's pretty important to me.

Take care all of you :)

Last edited by Xamedhi (2014-11-21 01:52:24)

#7 2014-11-21 10:28:18

ronws
TMV Forum Member

I watched that movie so many times, I had just about every line memorized. When I do those songs, I do them differently because that is the way that I am. But I still remember the original line.

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer