TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#51 2014-05-08 17:45:24

Adolph Namlik
Executive Director, The Modern Vocalist World

Re: What Microphone Do You Use for Vocals?

Khassera wrote:

Well, looks like I also had to buy the e945. I bought it new for about 100usd, just couldn't pass the offer by. :cool:

Khassera,

WOW ! What a deal.... Mine was new for $249.00 :mad:

I couldn't pass that up either. Who are you purchasing from ? I'd really like to know :D

But I can assure you you will NOT be disappointed !!! :cool:

Keep saving for Pillars as well !!! Seriously, it's AWESOME and unlike other vocal programs, Robert will always be there to assist you. On that note, there are so many times that I've seen Robert "shoot out" emails in this forum to his clientele/students to assist them. AND, I've seen Robert offer some kick ass deals on Pillars AND updates to Pillars on many occasions !

Adolph C. Namlik
Executive Director ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.
adolph@themodernvocalist.com
http://www.themodernvocalist.com/profile/AdolphNamlik
Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

2014-05-08 17:45:24

AdBot
Advertisements

#52 2014-05-08 18:23:00

Khassera
TMV Forum Member

Adolph Namlik wrote:

I couldn't pass that up either. Who are you purchasing from ? I'd really like to know :D

An acquaintance who traded a car for a studio full of gear found three 945's, two of them still sealed in their boxes. He didn't think he'd need them for what he does (not that much sound, more special effects) and contacted me.

Keep saving for Pillars as well !!! Seriously, it's AWESOME and unlike other vocal programs, Robert will always be there to assist you. On that note, there are so many times that I've seen Robert "shoot out" emails in this forum to his clientele/students to assist them. AND, I've seen Robert offer some kick ass deals on Pillars AND updates to Pillars on many occasions !

Heh. I think every teacher will find the time to help out a paying customer. With that said I do appreciate Robert's activity here. He seems approachable. I've got the money, I guess I'm just a tad iffy, but that's how musicians tend to be, right? :) It looks awesome, though.

"'Means are many' said the hag as she wiped the table with a cat."

#53 2014-05-12 19:49:08

Khassera
TMV Forum Member

Alright, gotta admit: The e945 is amazing.

I got the ND767 from EV and the Senn e945 today, and out of the two, although not exactly the same, I prefer the sound and dynamics of the e945. The 767 really does sound boomier and I don't really have to make an effort, but for some reason, perhaps due to the mix (although I haven't had this effect with other mics I've used with the same exact preamp settings) the lower sounds seemed to overdrive a bit. Weird.

But anyways, since one has to go the 945's the keeper.

#54 2014-05-13 19:19:25

Adolph Namlik

Khassera wrote:

I got the ND767 from EV and the Senn e945 today, and out of the two, although not exactly the same, I prefer the sound and dynamics of the e945. The 767 really does sound boomier and I don't really have to make an effort, but for some reason, perhaps due to the mix (although I haven't had this effect with other mics I've used with the same exact preamp settings) the lower sounds seemed to overdrive a bit. Weird.

Agreed !!! But if you're anything like me, you'll keep BOTH of them !!! :cool:

But then again, I'm "mic crazy" ??? :rolleyes:

Adolph C. Namlik
Western N.Y.
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

#55 2014-05-14 01:13:28

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Adolph Namlik wrote:

Khassera wrote:

And that is because equipment is important. I recently got an m-audio interface and it is so much better than my old one, almost no comparison. Both in ease of use and recording quality. And, when I bought it,  I also bought an xlr to xlr cable for low to noise input.

I think it makes a difference. And recording engineers fully know equipment matters. That's why they keep more than one vocal mic around. Regardless of the singer's "technique."

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

#56 2014-05-18 08:10:28

Khassera
TMV Forum Member

Adolph Namlik wrote:

Khassera wrote:

I'm not, though. I'll return the EV and use the money for a program. Either pillars or the rest of KTVA.

#57 2014-07-03 14:15:29

Agnieszka Król
TMV Forum Member

the microphone should be fitted to your voice, its better to ask some proffesionalist from studio or radio to choose you one, its never one micophonr wich is the best for all voices... i've just got a new one- shure beta 58A, but GUYZZ! ATTENTION! ON THE SALE ITS NOW FAKE SHURE BETA 58A AND YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE WISLEY AND PAY AN ATTENTION TO ALL DETAILS !!

#58 2014-07-03 19:04:24

Adolph Namlik

Agnieszka Król wrote:

the microphone should be fitted to your voice, its better to ask some proffesionalist from studio or radio to choose you one, its never one micophonr wich is the best for all voices... i've just got a new one- shure beta 58A, but GUYZZ! ATTENTION! ON THE SALE ITS NOW FAKE SHURE BETA 58A AND YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE WISELY AND PAY AN ATTENTION TO ALL DETAILS !!

Agnieszka,

Thank you for bringing this (in bold) to the attention of our membership !!!
By any chance do you know where these mics are coming from ?

Warmest Regards,
Adolph

Adolph C. Namlik
Western N.Y.
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

#59 2014-07-04 23:07:55

Agnieszka Król
TMV Forum Member

Well it seems like from China actually, there is one film, on youtube how can you recognize those which are fakes, but its in Polish , but I can tell you than there are some differences like the color, or length, the interior, the finishing...

#60 2014-07-05 02:25:29

Jabroni
TMV Forum Member

Picked up the TC-Helicon MP 75 with the Mic Mechanic on a nice Amazon deal.

#61 2014-07-05 18:21:52

Adolph Namlik

Agnieszka Król wrote:

Well it seems like from China actually, there is one film, on youtube how can you recognize those which are fakes, but its in Polish , but I can tell you than there are some differences like the color, or length, the interior, the finishing...

I suspected that they were from China. I'd be willing to bet that there are other countries that are doing the very same thing, but if I listed them all, my post would be quite long :rolleyes:

Adolph C. Namlik
Western N.Y.
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

#62 2014-10-08 20:26:47

Ralf Scheepers
TMV Forum Member

My recording chain: HORCH RM2 Microphone - Universal Audio LA610 (Pre Amp/Compressor) -> into the old Focusrite Mojo from ProTools LE 6.9 -  Works absolutely amazing for my voice.
Cheers,
Ralf

Metal is forever!

www.ralfscheepers.com

#63 2014-10-18 19:37:26

DJDeth
TMV Forum Member

Nice to see you on the forum, Ralf!

If there's anyone here who doesn't know Ralf (is this at all possible?) - check out his stuff - he knows how to record and produce vocals.

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer