TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2014-10-02 14:29:00

initialize
TMV Forum Member
Question about a music production degree?

Hey everyone,

So I just separated from the military after 4 years, and my long-time dream is to become a singer. However, I've always wanted to learn how to produce music... so I'm pretty set on attending Full Sail University in Florida, which is apparently a really good school for learning this stuff.

I just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on whether this seems like a good idea, or if anyone has any insight on the school/ getting a degree in music production/recording arts, etc

Here's the specific program I'm looking into: http://www.fullsail.edu/degrees/campus/ … -bachelors

2014-10-02 14:29:00

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-10-07 18:50:52

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Re: Question about a music production degree?

It depends. If you want a regular paycheck, go for the degree in music production. And be prepare to work as a low or non-paid intern at a studio. But you learn a lot of stuff. The most thing you will learn is how to listen. And I don't just mean listen to bosses. I mean, a set of hears that can hear things in a recording and do something with them. And that cannot be taught in a book or a classroom. You just have to get that.

As for singing, you could do that, too and I think having some recording skill may help you, laterally. But I could be the wrong one to comment on that. Most of my time has been singing in front of people, rather than a studio mic. They are two different worlds.

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer