TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2013-12-16 10:57:42

Dion Montana 888
TMV Forum Member
Sharp pain in the left side of my head (temple area) when singing high

Hi guys
    Just wondering if any one has come across this problem I used to sing in a band years ago and all was good but in the last few years I seem to get a sharp pain is the left side of my head around the temple area when I sing higher notes or falsetto, I have had an MRI and that was all fine and my doc puts it down to "your just getting older" but I want to sing and not be held back by the thought of this sharp pain. Can anyone help me. Thank you.

2013-12-16 10:57:42

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-12-16 18:58:56

jco5055
TMV Forum Member
Re: Sharp pain in the left side of my head (temple area) when singing high

Do you have any hearing trouble in general?  I have a problem depending on the frequency and volume, mostly higher and loud stuff like mic'd up National Anthems at Sporting Events, concerts without earplugs etc.  When it hits that "sweet" spot my hearing from my left ear starts to crackle/pop and it hurts my left ear the same way it hurts if music is  next-to-a-plane loud or something similar (I blame going to see Mastodon live my freshman year of college on a whim when my friend asked me a day before, and we fought our way to the front, right against the main power amp/speakers.  All without hearing protection, of course.  It hurt for the next few days).

Likewise, if I'm singing really resonantly some notes (usually higher ones that are resonating up in my head) sometimes causes the same "pain in ear" reaction, but it's very rare. 

So if your MRI was fine than that's my best guess; some kind of hearing loss/problems.

Last edited by jco5055 (2013-12-16 18:59:57)

#3 2013-12-16 20:46:59

Dion Montana 888
TMV Forum Member
Re: Sharp pain in the left side of my head (temple area) when singing high

Hi thanks for the reply but my my problem dosnt seem to come from my ear though, it's like an inch above the my left ear and slightly forward. That's were my pain comes. I don't know if I'm staining or if it has something to do with sinus or a muscle problem?

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer