TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2013-10-12 19:47:39

Owen Korzec
TMV Forum Member
Website

Singing better after eating?

So lately I've found I sing better right after I've eaten something. My overall voice function, bridging, adducting, etc. seems to operate smoother. I wish I could be more specific, but this seems to apply with most foods with few exceptions. Even stuff with dairy...perhaps more so than other foods.

Anybody know the reason for this? Is it the extra nutrients? The heat? The gunk getting caught in my throat adding a bit of texture? The peristalsis contractions of the esophagus helping out somehow? I have no idea what it is, I just know it helps me. But it would be cool to know why.

2013-10-12 19:47:39

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-10-13 21:31:34

FelipeCarvalho
TMV Forum Member
Website

Re: Singing better after eating?

Chewing and swallowing makes pretty much all the muscles of the neck move, and it does have an effect of relaxing everything.

An old but efficient exercise was humming while doing a chewing motion.

Effective to relax tensions.

#3 2013-10-14 00:16:13

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Re: Singing better after eating?

I don't know, Owen, but you should get points for sneaking "peristalsis" into a conversation. :)

Having read more bios than I care to count, many is the pro siinger that ate an hour or so before show time. A few others perferred to wait until after the show. But a lot of guys ate before the show. But not just before the show. Maybe eating relaxes you and allows you to concentrate on singing, rather than how hungry you are.

Me, I don't know. I have sang after eating, before eating, I can't tell the difference. So, if it works for you, clear explanation or not, that is a good thing.

Rockonwhichyabadself.

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer