TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2013-10-07 22:39:19

Blameitonthevodka
TMV Forum Member
Jaw tension

So sometimes my jaw pops when I open my mouth and I feel quite a bit of tension sometimes when singing, is there a way to correct this? I also find the proper jaw position really hard to accomplish, not used to pushing my jaw back like that, is there any tricks for this? I tried using my bottom lip to bring the jaw back, helps a little.

Last edited by Blameitonthevodka (2013-10-07 23:04:49)

2013-10-07 22:39:19

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-10-07 23:37:15

FelipeCarvalho
TMV Forum Member
Website

Re: Jaw tension

There are ways of course.

Do you have any problems related to the TMJ? Besides the pops, locking jaw, headaches, etc? If so it may be a good idea to consult your dentist just to be sure.

You can try some massages around the area where you feel the tension kicking in, I donĀ“t advice pushing against your jaw, try to find some exercises that makes it relax in the place.

Like melting your face down with your hands, something like this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OTcg0eg0w68/U … 0x1024.jpg

imagine that your face is melting and slide your hands down gently to aid the idea

Or the "you dont say face":

http://static.igossip.com/photos_2012/53/You_Dont_Say

And of course, it can be a technique related issue, in this case a very good idea is singing in front of a mirror and spotting where and what triggers the tension/protrusion. When you can isolate the issue, maybe a vowel near the passage for example, you fix the execution so that the tension is no longer necessary (and repeat it over and over and over).

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer