TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2013-09-06 21:25:25

s7ev0
TMV Forum Member
Problem with Valan PMS3 mic stand

Hi everyone,

Newbie here with a frustrating problem I'm hoping you can help me out with! Not sure if it should be in this part of the forum so any mods please move it if it should be somewhere else on the forum.

My mic stand is an old one with one handed height adjustment. It just pulls up and down and is held in place by some kind of woven webbing inside the bottom section.

The inner (upper) section is not supposed to come out, but the stopper that should be screwed onto the bottom of the inner section is missing, so mine has come out on a few occasions. No probs, just stick it back in again.

Cept this time no matter what I do it won't go back in again and it feels like it's grounding on a metal rim just below the black grip section (if you know the Valan pms3).

Anyone any ideas?

Steve

2013-09-06 21:25:25

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-09-29 14:44:32

s7ev0
TMV Forum Member
Re: Problem with Valan PMS3 mic stand

Hmm, guess that's a no, then :(

Steve

#3 2013-09-29 18:08:10

Adolph Namlik
Executive Director, The Modern Vocalist World

Steve,

I'm not familiar with the "Valan", but I had a similar experience with a mic stand that I customized for my grandson. A plastic sleeve broke, and since I was unable to get a replacement, I simply bought an identical stand and replaced the sleeve. Much easier than customizing the second stand !!!

Since your "Valen" is old,  you may have to purchase a new stand.... ?

Warmest Regards,
Adolph

Adolph C. Namlik
Executive Director ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.
adolph@themodernvocalist.com
http://www.themodernvocalist.com/profile/AdolphNamlik
Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

#4 2013-11-03 13:43:37

s7ev0
TMV Forum Member

Many thanks for the reply Adolph.

Good news is it's been fixed! Managed at last to unscrew the lower section and remove all the internal "gubbings". The mechanism for holding the stand at the desired height is very similar to one of those toys you get in Xmas crackers that when you slip onto a finger it won't come off when you pull it as it tightens its grip when you do. Very clever.

Once all the bits were out we fitted them onto the upper section of the stand before re-inserting the whole lot back into the lower section and screwing down the lock ring.

I did also get some good help from the guys at RCI Starlite, who have started to reproduce this old stand.

Steve

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer