TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2013-03-07 07:46:02

hann
TMV Forum Member
Looking for new mic (Rode M1, EV 767a related)

Hi all

Lookin to get another dynamic mic n was eyeing the rode m1. I currently have the 767a. Now would the m1 be complementary to the 767a or compete with it? I.e m1 and 767a would be effective for different situations or do they sound too similar that I'd be better off just sticking to 1 or looking for another that gives me some versatility?

Thanks all!

2013-03-07 07:46:02

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2013-03-07 08:51:36

nightfly68
TMV Forum Member

Re: Looking for new mic (Rode M1, EV 767a related)

if you want some complemetary to the ev 767 try to consider the Heil Sound Pro 35, it's the dynamic microphone that sounds more like a condenser, with more presence than the 767 (wonderful for higher notes).

#3 2013-03-08 02:08:04

ronws
TMV Forum Member

And, if you are considering the Heil 35, as nightfly suggests, be prepared to spend some money. They are not cheap but they are well-made with especially a singer in mind. And that can make a difference.

Shure SM58 has been used to mic everything. And so, it does okay across a broad spectrum of instruments.

For myself, I bought a Sennheiser e835 after talking with a salesman about what works best for high tenors. I was originally looking for the Rode M1, which is more expensive. That is, he could have recommended a more expensive mic but was instead, offering what seems to work best for working singers.

Same thing with the Heil 35, though I don't know any local singers using that mic. But I do know that Robert Lunte has recommended it and he is a mic junkie.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could go to a place and try all the mics and just pick the one that sounds best to us without having to make a commitment, sight unseen?

I like the high end response of my sennheiser. But let me tell you, it has a tight pick up pattern. I have to pay attention to mic placement.

As opposed the general pattern of my Fame CM-1 studio condenser mic, something so broad, it can pick up the sound of me aging.
:D

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

#4 2013-04-05 11:17:26

abigailcross85
TMV Forum Member

Which is the best microphone to buy and also tell us about it's features.

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer