TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2010-01-13 17:39:19

Travis_North
TMV Forum Member

Props to Rode

Fellow TMV Members -

We all know there's a lot of pro audio companies out there these days with some phenomenal products out there.  However in my experience I have found more often than not the customer service for some of these same amazing companies can be dismal.  It's not very often when I'm positively floored by excellent customer service but my recent experience with Rode dictates I share just how good they really are:

Recently my favorite studio mic, my Rode NTK, decided it felt like contributing to my tracks by way of strange intermittent noises which sounded like a bowl of Rice Krispies.  Well I'm not really a fan of Rice Krispies anyway so I decided this needed to get taken care of sooner rather than later.  After ruling out all the usual stuff like cords, pre-amp, ground issues I finally decided it was in fact the mic. 

After doing a little research online it seemed other people had experienced similar issues with the NTK so next I jumped onto Rode's website and filled out one of their slick technical request forms.  This was around 12am on a Monday.  I figured if I'm lucky I'll hear something back in a few days and then play the fun game of determining who's going to have to pay the man for repairs since I actually bought the mic from a friend of mine and didn't have the sales reciept.  At 9am the SAME day I got a callback from Rode.. NOT 9 HOURS LATER than my original request.  After having a friendly discussion with the guy on the other end we decided it needed repair.  What was it going to cost me?  Nothing.. aside from the shipping to their Woodinville, WA repair facility.  It turns out if you register the mic on the Rode website they give you a 10 year warranty as opposed to the original 1 year.  How's that for standing behind your products?

We all already know that Rode makes some great products.  I just want to close with that after my experience I would say that this only makes an already good company great.  It's peace of mind to know that they stand behind their products AND want to ensure they take care of their customers well after the initial purchase.

Nice work Rode.  We'll be doing business again.

//TN

2010-01-13 17:39:19

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2010-01-28 07:56:54

Robert Lunte
TMV World Forum - Founder
Website

Re: Props to Rode

Nice post Travis, Ill forward this to my contacts at RODE, likely they may want to publish this review... Great work!

#3 2010-01-28 16:00:25

Travis_North
TMV Forum Member

Re: Props to Rode

***UPDATE***

For all those waiting nervously on the edges of your seats in suspense to hear what happened...... I just got back my NTK yesterday.  Taped to the side of the box was the warranty invoice complete with tech notes.  It turns own my Rode had a bad tube.  Upon opening the box I found the case was wrapped with 3 layers of bubble wrap and inside the mic was wrapped in its own sealed plastic with a moisture sucking packet.  In case your wondering it is the details with me that matter. 

But more importantly.. how does it sound?  Drum roll please.... Exactly how it should, Dead Silent--no more Rice Krispies.  I've only had a little bit of time to play with it since I got it back and drop a few test tracks down but what I have done sounds fantastic.

Thanks again Rode.  Keep up the good work.

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer