TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2012-12-05 00:18:10

MDEW
TMV Forum Member

Webcam/video software

Is there a good free program for basic video capture for Youtube and this forum? Do you have to run the sound seperate?  I am very new to the video recording thing.

"Knock me down, It's all in vain. I'll get right back on my feet again."  Pat Benatar

2012-12-05 00:18:10

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-12-05 00:25:46

Tommy

Re: Webcam/video software

Good question because I have no clue myself but would love to be able to make a video. The couple of videos I posted with the harmonica player were done by him. How, I have no idea.  By his instruction I I record myself singing to a backing track as usual with audacity, and I also video myself at the same time with a hand held camera.  The recording and the video are not connected in anyway. 

Then I separate the vocal track and send it to him. Next I take the camera and plug it into the computer to save the video to my regular computer picture folder.  Then I send him the video.  Somehow he puts it all together.

#3 2012-12-05 00:28:19

MDEW
TMV Forum Member

Maybe some video genius will give us some pointers :D

"Knock me down, It's all in vain. I'll get right back on my feet again."  Pat Benatar

#4 2012-12-05 00:38:27

Tommy

Hopefully for you. I'm illiterate in all this modern techno stuff.  I doubt I'll understand it :D    I'm not even sure how to work my DVD player since getting a new TV and I surely have no clue how to use the TV more than turning it on and off and changing the channels.

#5 2012-12-05 00:45:43

MDEW
TMV Forum Member

That's OK Tommy you sing good. That's all that counts. :D   
        I did not forget about getting you a guitar track for "Life Without You" I just have not had the time to record.

Last edited by MDEW (2012-12-05 00:47:38)

#6 2012-12-05 01:22:06

Tommy

MDEW wrote:

T
        I did not forget about getting you a guitar track for "Life Without You" I just have not had the time to record.

haha!   Well I sure forgot until you just mentioned it.  Wow...I completely forgot about that.  That's ok, no rush.  Actually, I really have a lot on my plate right now as far as songs I want to work on for February which isn't enough time. Maybe too many to be honest. I may have to scrap a song or two.   And I'm still working that Ray Charles song.

#7 2012-12-06 19:00:42

FelipeCarvalho
TMV Forum Member
Website

Hey!

To record the video I recomend using a handheld as Tommy is doing, and then using an editing tool to mix the audio and video. I use my cellphone or my cheap cannon cam. Using a webcam at the same time that you are capturing audio may lead to some nasty problems with audio glitches, usually due to the poor drivers the webcams have.

I use Reaper, both for audio recording/mixing and simple video syncs. Really easy to use and almost free ( you can use it for 60 days without registering and after that it just annoys you telling you to register).

There will be of course differences in the timming of the video and the audio captured, but its a matter of aligning the audio clips, and then stretching/shrinking the video to match the mic audio perfectly.

Its not hard, but you will have to read the manual a bit. The learning curve of Reaper is a bit harsh on the beginning, but after you get around the basic concepts, it becomes a breeze to operate it.

If you go with Reaper, you will probably do well in downloading the ffmpeg extensions to allow more video formats to be imported and exported. And if you dont have a really powerfull PC, I strongly recommend not using HD videos, 480p is more than enough and is easier to work with.

#8 2012-12-07 03:11:49

MDEW
TMV Forum Member

:)  Thanks Felipe. I'll download that as soon as possilble.

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer