TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#151 2013-09-12 14:10:12

Keith
TMV Forum Member
Website

Re: Official Queensryche Cover Thread

Manolito Mystiq wrote:

Here’s Someone Else?.

There are quite some pitch issues. It was my second take. I like this sort of ring I seem to have, with this clear heady tone. I will practice the song some more, but this shows my problems if I don’t. There are some parts where I’m on pitch, pretty well, and others where I seem to know the notes but just don’t hit them correctly.

Mind that I was performing along with the piano. Clearly I’m just a beginner pianist, so it could affect my singing as well (pitch). I’ll see how much I can improve this song.

Playing an instrument AND singing is a beeyotch lol. Pretty good job considering. You could try recording just the piano first, then singing over that track. If you do happen to record just the piano, please send me the backing track :)

2013-09-12 14:10:12

AdBot
Advertisements

#152 2013-09-15 20:19:08

Olem
TMV Forum Member

Manolito, i listened to your queensryche clips and you have a great voice and a great range. It appears that you, like me, suffer a little from insufficient mixing skills, your higher notes appears a bit shrill. Maybe it could be fixed with a different equalizer setting? But great job overall!

#153 2013-09-15 23:21:23

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Olem wrote:

Manolito, i listened to your queensryche clips and you have a great voice and a great range. It appears that you, like me, suffer a little from insufficient mixing skills, your higher notes appears a bit shrill. Maybe it could be fixed with a different equalizer setting? But great job overall!

:lol: :lol:
Manny suffers from ronws disorder! Problems at the editing stage. Nice to know that I am not alone. :cool:

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

#154 2013-11-05 22:09:58

Manolito Mystiq
TMV Forum Member

Olem wrote:

Thanks for the compliment. I needed that. I think I’m going to do another one.

Any requests?

I’m only laughing on the outside
My smile is just skin deep
If you could see inside I’m really crying
You might join me for a weep.

#155 2013-11-06 00:36:06

ronws
TMV Forum Member

"Breaking the Silence."

#156 2013-11-15 03:15:17

berniemcpeak
TMV Forum Member

So my voice got kinda trashed over Halloween and I've been nursing a sore throat for a few weeks.  I've been wanting to get back in the saddle but every time I tried I got frustrated.  So I took a break for a while.  Well, the last few days I've felt my voice coming back and I've been listening to a lot of Queensryche again.  Low and behold I see a Queensryche thread! Really?! Sweet!

So I found a decent backing track on iTunes for one of my favorite Queensryche songs, "Jet City Woman".  I wanted a track that had no backing vocals but i just couldn't find any like that, so on this one I sing harmony along with the backing vocals as well as lead vocals (obviously).  I read the thread and I tried to follow the rules but I ended up doing this in two takes, mainly because I totally botched the lyrics.  Obviously I had to go back and record the backing vocal harmonies, but i didn't count those as extra "takes" ( I did those in one take, btw).

So, without further ado here is my cover of Queensryche's "Jet City Woman"

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/140 … %20mix.mp3

(I had to use my dropbox account because lame Soundcloud wouldn't allow the track due to "copyright infringement"... :mad: )

#157 2013-11-15 03:27:24

Keith
TMV Forum Member
Website

Sounds good man! Lots of power in the higher parts. You have a pretty cool voice man.

#158 2013-11-15 10:46:05

Olem
TMV Forum Member

Great voice, Bernie, i really enjoyed this, nothing to complain about except for the mix and sound quality that could be a little more bright/clear but your vocals sounds great.

#159 2013-11-15 19:13:04

berniemcpeak
TMV Forum Member

Thanks Keith.  I was a little hesitant because I strained my voice just before Halloween, but I felt good and I'm happy to hear it sounded good as well.

Olem, I'm glad you enjoyed it!  I agree that the mix isn't as clean as I would like it.  This backing track sounded much cleaner in the clip that I listened to prior to purchasing it.  I suppose when you can't provide your own instruments and talent for the backing track then you have to take what you can get.  Unfortunately there aren't too many quality karaoke offerings for Queensryche. :/

Last edited by berniemcpeak (2013-11-15 19:14:21)

#160 2013-11-16 01:48:32

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Awesome, Bernie.

#161 2013-11-16 02:11:45

berniemcpeak
TMV Forum Member

ronws wrote:

Awesome, Bernie.

Thanks Ron.  What did you think of the mix?

#162 2013-11-16 11:52:46

ronws
TMV Forum Member

I agree with others, the mix should be different. Your singing was great, from what I could hear and I wanted to hear it with a little more cut. There is such a thing as blending in too well. A well balanced mix does not mean equal values. It means different things in prominence at different times, also depending on genre. Luckily, for this song, the bass guitar is actually the driving instrument and leads the way.

Trust me, I have had my own challenges mixing anything, including a few QR songs.

#163 2013-11-18 22:42:50

Manolito Mystiq
TMV Forum Member

berniemcpeak wrote:

Thanks Keith.  I was a little hesitant because I strained my voice just before Halloween, but I felt good and I'm happy to hear it sounded good as well.

Olem, I'm glad you enjoyed it!  I agree that the mix isn't as clean as I would like it.  This backing track sounded much cleaner in the clip that I listened to prior to purchasing it.  I suppose when you can't provide your own instruments and talent for the backing track then you have to take what you can get.  Unfortunately there aren't too many quality karaoke offerings for Queensryche. :/

I have what can be considered as close as the master track as you can go and can make a karaoke track out of it.

I’m only laughing on the outside
My smile is just skin deep
If you could see inside I’m really crying
You might join me for a weep.

#164 2013-11-18 23:50:50

berniemcpeak
TMV Forum Member

Manolito Mystiq wrote:

berniemcpeak wrote:

I have what can be considered as close as the master track as you can go and can make a karaoke track out of it.

I would very much appreciate if you could do that!  Could you email it to me pr post it on something like Dropbox?

#165 2013-11-19 02:10:35

berniemcpeak
TMV Forum Member

Manolito Mystiq wrote:

berniemcpeak wrote:

I would very much appreciate if you could do that!  Could you email it to me pr post it on something like Dropbox?

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer