TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2012-03-07 05:40:57

hcroyo
TMV Forum Member
Can I use my Guitar Amp as speaker for my boss ve 20 vocal processor?

Hi and good day to all! This is my first time to post so pardon me if I ever place it in the wrong forum

I have a guitar amp (Laney LV200) that i use for practicing guitars at home. I am also the singer in the band so I decided to buy Boss VE 20 vocal processor... but now my question is can i use my Laney LV200 as a speaker for my boss ve 20? The output of boss ve 20 is a 3 pin XLR  and i plan to purchase a female XLR to 1/4 Jack converter then plug the output of boss ve 20 into the effects loop of my amplifier... i often use my laney amp as a speaker (i use the effects loop, i even use it as a speaker when i watch movies on the computer) and i am thinking maybe it can be used for this purpose too.

Is this possible? I do not have a pa system at home nor a keyboard amplifier, and i do not plan on purchasing one just for my boss ve 20 pedal... so i am thinking maybe my Laney LV 200 can do the trick? The only time i can access a pa system is during practice and gig and i want to be able to play with the settings before jamming or going to a gig

thanks and more power, hope you can help me

2012-03-07 05:40:57

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-03-13 13:35:19

basil
TMV Forum Member

Re: Can I use my Guitar Amp as speaker for my boss ve 20 vocal processor?

Hi hcroyo,

A guitar isn't going to sound too good for vocals ,but I understand it's what you have for home practice.
Just use the 1/4 headphone jack output from Boss VE20 to your amp...no need to buy any type of converter.

Take care
Basil

#3 2012-05-31 20:14:59

RGFG Band
TMV Forum Member
Re: Can I use my Guitar Amp as speaker for my boss ve 20 vocal processor?

hcroyo wrote:

Hi and good day to all! This is my first time to post so pardon me if I ever place it in the wrong forum

I have a guitar amp (Laney LV200) that i use for practicing guitars at home. I am also the singer in the band so I decided to buy Boss VE 20 vocal processor... but now my question is can i use my Laney LV200 as a speaker for my boss ve 20? The output of boss ve 20 is a 3 pin XLR  and i plan to purchase a female XLR to 1/4 Jack converter then plug the output of boss ve 20 into the effects loop of my amplifier... i often use my laney amp as a speaker (i use the effects loop, i even use it as a speaker when i watch movies on the computer) and i am thinking maybe it can be used for this purpose too.

Is this possible? I do not have a pa system at home nor a keyboard amplifier, and i do not plan on purchasing one just for my boss ve 20 pedal... so i am thinking maybe my Laney LV 200 can do the trick? The only time i can access a pa system is during practice and gig and i want to be able to play with the settings before jamming or going to a gig

thanks and more power, hope you can help me

silly musician...use the 1/4 inch earphone jack and set it to send a mono signal....use your guitar cable... RGFG

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer