TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2012-01-19 16:39:57

basil
TMV Forum Member

TC Helicon Voicelive Play

Here's a new Tc Helicon vocal processor that's more affordable than some of thier flagship products

http://www.tc-helicon.com/products/voicelive-play/

VoiceLive Play is scheduled for release in Winter 2012, with an estimated price of $249.99 USD / 249 EUR SSP.

I'b be interested in checking this out in person and seeing what kind of settings it offers.

Rock on
Basil

2012-01-19 16:39:57

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-05-30 13:06:16

Thesingingjudge
TMV Forum Member
Re: TC Helicon Voicelive Play

Hey. 

Did you have the chance to try the new Helicon Voicelive?

Thank God I ran into your post cause I was going to buy the G TX

I checked the entire video Of the Helicon Voicelive ....I think this is a mean machine for a singer  wow!

Let me know if you tried it and liked it before I get it

Thanks
Tanya
Thesingingjudge.com

#3 2012-06-01 21:21:02

Thesingingjudge
TMV Forum Member

Well guys I got the TC Helicon Voicelive Play  tried it myself and like it a lot !!

The presets can be changed and saved as new presets, even as set lists, the sound of harmonies are fairly good, the effects are easy to manipulate.
It's a good EFX machine for $249.00

Tanya
Thesingingjudge.com

#4 2012-09-16 03:00:03

Rev Drucifer
TMV Forum Member

I've been using both Play units for the past 2 weeks at my band's rehearsal spot. There's definitely some cool sounds in it.

Not as tweakable-on-the-fly as I'd like. And no editing via computer is a major bummer. I'm a guitarist and have used a lot of digital gear, (including a few TC units in my rig) and don't find this to be nearly as intuitive as their other effect units. I can generally just look at the face of something and figure it out, but with all the internal editing on this, I'm going to have to read the manual.

My bassist ended up buying the GXT version, because we plan on using the unit for an acoustic duet as well as our metal band. Really wish it had a tap tempo for delays. I prefer to have a delay on my vocals 100% of the time and since we vary tempos in our songs, it would be very helpful.

#5 2012-10-13 23:26:35

ronws
TMV Forum Member

I remember back in 1990, buying my used Roland GS-6 digital effects unit (rack mount) and thinking that was the cat's pajamas.

God, I'm old.

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

#6 2012-10-22 16:28:38

Vocalisha
TMV Forum Member

Hi Rev!

I checked a few video manuals on the internet bij TC Helicon, and it does have a tap tempo function. If i remember correctly, you have you push the middle button and hit together and hold it for a second. Then you can tap the tempo on the hit button.

I hope it works!

Regards,

Vocalisha

#7 2012-10-31 18:32:00

Rev Drucifer
TMV Forum Member

You are indeed correct.

I definitely should have looked around before I made my post.

It's a great pedal for singers who haven't really used/dialed in effects before. It's fairly idiot proof, meaning that the options if gives you as far as effects are easy to dial in without being complicated.

For the price, it's a killer unit.

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer