TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2012-01-16 20:16:27

Solo Guy
TMV Forum Member
Ditech Vocalist Live 3: Dilemma

Hi All

I just purchased one of these (DVL3) and really like it's harmony capabilities and it's ease of use.   Following the easy to read instructions, I was able to create a custom patch with A and B options for verse and chorus on the first try. The way it stays in key even for complicated cords i.e. 7ths and diminished is impressive as was the "pitch control" feature - which actually works!     Overall the pedal performs very well when harmonizing my voice with two others (I like one higher and one lower). 

My concern/question/dilemma is that the sound quality comes across as robotic with a stuffy nose --particularly when listening to a single harmony line.  Granted I don't have the best singing voice to begin with so I'm sort of asking for a miracle to expect any kind of improvements, but do the upscale Vocalists (Live 4, Live 5) have improved sound quality that more realistically duplicates my voice (warts and all) than the Live3?    Does Halicon or other brands have models with better voice sound AND the same level of harmony sophistication?  I can still return this if I find something that has a better sound to the voice. 

Thanks much,

Solo Guy

2012-01-16 20:16:27

AdBot
Advertisements
OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer