TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2009-06-03 19:35:27

mip
TMV Forum Member
Steve Perry style on the TC Create...

hi,

before i ask my question i want to let you know i appreciate it's all in the voice, in the same way a great guitar player would say "it's all in the fingers!" but here's my question:

how easy is it..or is it even indeed possible, to create a steve perry type eq and reverb etc with a TC Create pedal. (i haven't bought the pedal yet, hence the question) i love the tone to his vocal and as i say, i appreciate he has a tone and talent that he was born with!!!

is his voice even processed!?!

we're covering some hard rocking tracks, like Anyway you want it. and i wonder if the TC Create will help my vocal 'sound'.
I'm using an EV 767A mic (great choice by the way Rob..thanks).

would welcome all your views.

mip

Bring on the TVS workshop in the UK at the end of June!

2009-06-03 19:35:27

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2009-06-19 13:58:49

Joey @ TC Helicon
TMV Forum Member
Re: Steve Perry style on the TC Create...

Hi mip,

The TC Helicon VoiceTone Create is always a good tool to help enhance your vocal sound (the included reverbs and other effects are extremely useful). As far as getting close to Steve Perry's vocal sound and tone - I'm not sure if it's possible to re-create his entire vocal sound, but, you could definitely find a reverb close to what he uses. If you wanted to play around with eq's and wanted even more options than just vocal effects, then it may be worth your while to check out the new VoiceLive 2.

Hope this has been helpful - give me a yell back anytime.

Best wishes,

Joey @ TC Helicon

#3 2009-06-23 08:55:10

mip
TMV Forum Member
Re: Steve Perry style on the TC Create...

hi joey,
thanks for the reply. i hear what you're saying about the VoiceLive 2 - it's a bit out of my budget but i'll have a chat to my vocal tutor as i think he has one.

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer