TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2009-06-03 10:56:53

mip
TMV Forum Member
TC Create pedal and a steve perry 'tone'

hi,

before i ask my question i want to let you know i appreciate it's all in the voice, in the same way a great guitar player would say "it's all in the fingers!" but here's my question:

how easy is it..or is it even indeed possible, to create a steve perry type eq and reverb etc with a TC Create pedal. (i haven't bought the pedal yet, hence the question) i love the tone to his vocal and as i say, i appreciate he has a tone and talent that he was born with!!!

is his voice even processed!?!

we're covering some hard rocking tracks, like Anyway you want it. and i wonder if the TC Create will help my vocal 'sound'.
I'm using an EV 767A mic (great choice by the way Rob..thanks).

would welcome all your views.

mip

Bring on the TVS workshop in the UK at the end of June!

2009-06-03 10:56:53

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2009-06-03 14:17:21

Robert Lunte
TMV World Forum - Founder
Website

Re: TC Create pedal and a steve perry 'tone'

Mip, try posting this in the TC-Helicon discussion so the guys at TC-Helicon can see it.  However, I dont expect the Journey vocal effects to be too sophisticated, probably just some doubling in the studio and reverb.

#3 2009-09-14 23:35:26

Seventh Fear
TMV Forum Member

Compression, EQ, Reverb baring that doubling but kept way down so you barely hear it.

We tride this and it worked.  :cool:

#4 2009-09-15 01:51:53

Snax
TMV Forum Member
Website

There's a technique where you eq the aux send to the reverb differently than the vocal track itself which results in a nice "breathy" almost saxophone like reverb. You get that ultra high reverb room ambience but use EQ to remove the sibillant frequencies in the aux send before it gets processed. Otherwise you would exaggerate every "s" and "t" consonant. The same technique is also used on the main vocal track but it can do wonders for the reverb when used pre- input.
It's a great trick to getting that smoky breathy sound.

"GIDDYUP!"

#5 2009-10-16 17:23:40

danny007
TMV Forum Member

hi ,my question is this , i use the peavey xr 800 ,im having difficulty with the digital effects, some of them have a flat sounding after sound,which setting on the peavey is the best for getting the afformentioned Steve Perry breathy crisp sound ,[also George Michael sound} ,hope you can help ,
                                           thanks guys
                                                     Danny Harris

#6 2010-01-29 19:12:24

Seventh Fear
TMV Forum Member

you should try the new Boss VE-20 Pedal it has compression, reverb, delay, doubling, harmoniser, and so much more. I got one for christmas from the wife and it is amazing and so dam easy to setup and here in the UK it's £169.00 it even has a phones out for monitoring check it out on youtube.

all the best :D

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer