TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2011-05-16 15:59:21

anarchipur
TMV Forum Member
Vocal pedal effects on stage useful or disturbing?

Hi,

are vocal pedal effects (like Boss VE-20 etc.) useful on stage or do they disturb the engineer doing his/her job?

I normally like to use a little of reverb and delay depending on teh song, so I am asking myself if I should rely on the engineer or should I better do it myself using a pedal.

I am afraid if I use a pedal I normally have no idea what the audience actually hears, so I could mess it up unintentionally.

What do you think?

2011-05-16 15:59:21

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-05-31 20:32:14

RGFG Band
TMV Forum Member
Re: Vocal pedal effects on stage useful or disturbing?

anarchipur wrote:

Hi,

are vocal pedal effects (like Boss VE-20 etc.) useful on stage or do they disturb the engineer doing his/her job?

I normally like to use a little of reverb and delay depending on teh song, so I am asking myself if I should rely on the engineer or should I better do it myself using a pedal.

I am afraid if I use a pedal I normally have no idea what the audience actually hears, so I could mess it up unintentionally.

What do you think?

Tell the sound engineer to set your channel flat and go for it.......... I love my VE-20 on stage.......... RGFG

#3 2012-06-08 10:03:17

Thesingingjudge
TMV Forum Member

Yes use it, unless you make a list of all the songs and different effects you want for each songs and hand it to your sound guy. I do it myself with my helicon voiceplay pedal. I have presets for my songs so it's easier for me to do it then rely on a sound man. No offense ... :)
Tanya
Thesingingjudge.com

#4 2012-07-16 09:56:18

nightfly68
TMV Forum Member

I use it.. but engineer is not ever happy.
Some engineers.. wnat the total control of the output, but they take away to the singer the control of the effect.

They accept it normally it can happen with guitarist, and usually decided to push on away or back the voice with a total control on it.

However I think that in a stage situation, it's better to arrange the effects all except reverb, and leave to the engineeer to set this one.

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer