TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2014-12-12 20:52:03

peterplan
TMV Forum Member
Shaky voice

I've had this for as long as I can remember, a very good rock voice but shaky. It's mostly noticable one long notes so to speak (sorry I don't know all the technical terms). When I'm doing Aaaahhhh's or singing something like "knooooooooown" it tens to wobble up and down and it's not just a straight line, like when people often get when they're nervous. I can overcome it but it often takes many vocal takes. Live it would be harder. Either I'm using a bad technique but probably it's just part of my atonomy.

Anyone else have this problem? Some seem to have no problem with this at all and I heard others struggling with this too.

Is there anything that can be done?

2014-12-12 20:52:03

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-12-12 21:12:52

Danielformica
TMV Forum Member
Website

Re: Shaky voice

check with an ENT it sounds like you could have a spasmatic dysphonia of some sort.  if you went to an ENT they could diagnose you quick and get you therapy otherwise you will just have bunch of coaches trying to help without knowing the cause first. good luck

DANIEL
WWW.YOURVOCALTEACHER.COM
WWW.DANIELFORMICAVOCALSTUDIO.COM
www.soundcloud.com/daniel-formica

Disclaimer-Anything I write or try to help people with on here are techniques and things that have worked for ME.  They are not necessarily" right" or "wrong" but have worked for ME and my 20+ yrs as a professional working
singer.
Thank you

#3 2014-12-12 21:23:54

Steven Fraser
Charter Member of TMV Voice Council

peterplan wrote:

I've had this for as long as I can remember, a very good rock voice but shaky. It's mostly noticable one long notes so to speak (sorry I don't know all the technical terms). When I'm doing Aaaahhhh's or singing something like "knooooooooown" it tens to wobble up and down and it's not just a straight line, like when people often get when they're nervous. I can overcome it but it often takes many vocal takes. Live it would be harder. Either I'm using a bad technique but probably it's just part of my atonomy.

Anyone else have this problem? Some seem to have no problem with this at all and I heard others struggling with this too.

Is there anything that can be done?

Recording?

Best Regards,

Steven Fraser

#4 2014-12-12 21:30:12

peterplan
TMV Forum Member

I don't really think it's Spasmodic dysphonia. It's not anywhere near as bad as that. Never have a problem during speech and not too dramatic when singing, just not as stable on long tones so to speak. I can't be the only one with this problem?

I know some days I almost never have this problem and some days it's just terrible. Most often I have this problem, but on some occasions it's not that bad.

Don't really want to share a recording, hope you understand.

#5 2014-12-12 21:38:34

Danielformica
TMV Forum Member
Website

ok well if you want to Skype for 15 minutes let me know my Skype name is danielformica (san luis obispo). i could help if its a speech or singing problem..no charge

DANIEL
WWW.YOURVOCALTEACHER.COM

Disclaimer-Anything I write or try to help people with on here are techniques and things that have worked for ME.  They are not necessarily" right" or "wrong" but have worked for ME and my 20+ yrs as a professional working
singer.
Thank you

#6 2014-12-12 21:43:32

peterplan
TMV Forum Member

I just want to know if anyone else experience this problem.

#7 2014-12-12 21:46:30

Danielformica
TMV Forum Member
Website

peterplan wrote:

I just want to know if anyone else experience this problem.

singers experience those problems all the time.but if you want it solved someone needs to hear you because it could be a variety of different types of shaky..writing it down doesn't really help because we don't hear the phonation. good luck

Last edited by Danielformica (2014-12-12 21:46:51)

DANIEL
WWW.YOURVOCALTEACHER.COM

singer.
Thank you

#8 2014-12-13 01:42:33

ronws
TMV Forum Member

recording?

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

#9 2014-12-13 15:14:58

peterplan
TMV Forum Member