TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2014-12-08 01:05:47

OldPainless
TMV Forum Member
Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran

Hey again guys, decided to record this song as it's been stuck in my head for a few days now. I decided to play the guitar myself and not use a backing track. In hindsight, I think I made a mistake but whatever :lol:

Here's the link: https://soundcloud.com/hordurar/thinkin … eran-cover

I think the timing issues are just mostly me trying to figure out which chord to play. I'm no guitarist!

As always, any feedback is welcomed. Thanks for taking the time to listen!

2014-12-08 01:05:47

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-12-08 17:04:23

KillerKu
TMV Forum Member
Re: Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran

It's quite good. I'd keep working on the guitar and particularly songwriting. I think you have commercial appeal as I get vibes from some of the current poppier acts. What I mean is there is a bright spectrum to what you're doing and the phrasing has mass appeal. If you were willing to write more subdued songs, you might be able to attract audiences like Jason Mraz, but as is you might be able to be the 'buffed' up cooler version that guys are more comfortable listening to on average.   

You'd be in the strongest position with your own songs. I think girls would swoon if you sang this kind of thing at like a pop concert, especially if you're good looking. Not that much which can help with that, sadly, but it just has those mass appeal vibes to me.   

That's some of the vibe, I'm getting, it's successful sounding. It doesn't annoy me like some poppier sounds and I feel some connection to your passion. You're not hollow. I'm just not sure if there is something as an artist for. I'm more of an anguished soul, and couldn't make this kind of music. But that's my artistic temperament, it's not that it's bad, I jut can't authentically express this kind of thing.

If this expression resonates with you as a creative mind, I can't see any reason why not to pursue it. You'd have a satisfying craft that you might be able to take to the bank.

#3 2014-12-09 03:20:47

OldPainless
TMV Forum Member
Re: Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran

Thanks for the comment. I haven't really tried songwriting but I guess that could be a good way to increase my guitar skills :)

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer