TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2014-11-25 23:04:48

Blameitonthevodka
TMV Forum Member
Appolgize - One Republic cover

A little pitchy and no music with it but I felt like singing this one
http://youtu.be/2GhhllWxgOE

2014-11-25 23:04:48

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-11-26 00:41:57

Javastorm
TMV Forum Member
Re: Appolgize - One Republic cover

There were pitch issues in this. And recording issues, I think with the mic you are using. It's topping out as if you're singing too close to the mic throughout the whole song, and there's a lot of feedback. If you sang to a backing track, did the whole song, and went through each phrase, I'd think you'd have a better result.
As for pitch, it was mostly okay, except for the chorus. "It's too late" is sung in falsetto in the original song in two A#4's, (in the key you're singing it in it should be two A4's) but you sang two F#4's in a full.? voice, and changed the key in that phrase. Switch to head voice or falsetto so that you don't have to sing the A4's in full voice, because it sounds like you were aware of the vocal line and just changed it intentionally.

As an aside, when you post something for review, don't make excuses or try to downplay potential flaws. Why? People will capitalize on them for one, and secondly, it shows that you aren't showing respect for or taking pride in what you're doing. If you're taking singing seriously, you'll want to at least try to be the best that you can be, every time.

Last edited by Javastorm (2014-11-26 00:45:44)

"Countless rivers flow, without so much as asking why..."
-Utada Hikaru
http://www.soundcloud.com/javadrinkstea

#3 2014-11-26 01:21:53

Blameitonthevodka
TMV Forum Member

I just used the mic on my computer, it sucks. And I don't do falsetto at all so I didn't bother and did what felt natural and I thought the pitch in the chorus was fine. I am not making any excuses I'm being honest about what I thought, it was a little pitchy so why not state that. I liked the recording personally, and none of my recordings are 100% perfect so I posted it.

Last edited by Blameitonthevodka (2014-11-26 01:31:31)

#4 2014-11-26 01:53:50

Javastorm
TMV Forum Member

Just linking http://themodernvocalist.punbb-hosting. … hp?id=9260 as a reference.

I'm not saying anything new than what others like MDEW or singingnewbie have pointed out in your past recordings for review.

Thanks, yeah I heard the pitchyness too. The improvised melody...haha yeah I tend to do that other than just singing the song straight up, I'm not sure why.

You yourself figured out eight months ago you were having issues.

Thank-you! I don't sing with music because it messes up my pitch/the key I'm singing in immensely, something I need to work on I think.

Again the same affirmation.

If there's one thing I give credit to people for when they do stuff like this, it's trying. At least putting in effort. If nothing has changed in eight months, then do you expect to hear something different? Cut the excuses. Yes, saying something has pitch errors, saying you didn't use music as if you didn't care, and then topping it off by saying you still felt like singing it, (or posting it, rather) are excuses. To reiterate: make the most of what you're doing. You can make a bazillion pitch errors during the recording process, and end up with a polished recording once you master the song. No one will have a clue of what you struggled with when they're listening to your work, unless you told them. It simply comes across as careless when people post stuff with justifications for why it isn't their 100% best effort. To be fair, I did point out the pitch issues. Even though something may sound right to you, it might not to someone else. If you don't agree, challenge it; don't call someone a jerk. There's a difference between changing the pitch of something for stylistic preferences, like using riffs or singing harmony lines, and being completely off-key or atonal.

"Countless rivers flow, without so much as asking why..."
-Utada Hikaru
http://www.soundcloud.com/javadrinkstea

#5 2014-11-26 03:12:26

Blameitonthevodka
TMV Forum Member

Yes I do hear something different, I think my tone has improved and technique in general, your comments to me are not constructive at all which is why I don't really appreciate them. I don't even have pitch issues there's a couple parts where it's off because I have never practised the song ever. I always put effort into whatever I sing and for you to say I don't is insulting. I'm on this site to get constructive feedback and also inspiration not to hear from annoying people who are going to deter me from singing which is something I love doing . Also, I don't have a program where I can sing with music therefore I don't.

Last edited by Blameitonthevodka (2014-11-26 03:18:20)

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer