TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2014-11-25 00:15:26

m.i.r.
TMV Forum Member
This always makes me smile

I Am sure someone has already posted this before, but just in case i am posting it. This video always makes me smile and really slapped me in the face with perspective on how little of a role the folds really play in overall tone.

http://youtu.be/wR41CRbIjV4

2014-11-25 00:15:26

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-11-25 12:54:22

FelipeCarvalho
TMV Forum Member
Website

Re: This always makes me smile

Thanks this is really great to have at hand :).

#3 2014-11-26 01:33:30

m.i.r.
TMV Forum Member

Cool I am glad yall appreciate it. I stumbled across this some time ago when I was watching a video of a soprano getting mri while singing. I had always focused more on fold closure and support, put track shaping last until i saw this. Def made a difference to me after watching it.

#4 2014-11-26 02:15:09

Javastorm
TMV Forum Member

It's funny and kind of surreal seeing a model of a human vocal tract producing those notes, kind of wacky. It's interesting seeing that it's not the folds alone that are responsible for tone, as the model is moved around in the same way we shape our tracts.

"Countless rivers flow, without so much as asking why..."
-Utada Hikaru
http://www.soundcloud.com/javadrinkstea

#5 2014-11-26 04:31:16

RowboCaup
TMV Forum Member

That was cool....

#6 2014-11-26 05:00:43

m.i.r.
TMV Forum Member

Javastorm wrote:

It's funny and kind of surreal seeing a model of a human vocal tract producing those notes, kind of wacky. It's interesting seeing that it's not the folds alone that are responsible for tone, as the model is moved around in the same way we shape our tracts.

That was my reaction. Also the fact, is all we could do is buzz if our heads were cut off lol.

Last edited by m.i.r. (2014-11-26 05:02:57)

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer