TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2014-11-17 16:11:56

Matakka
TMV Forum Member
Elton John's Your Song female cover

I wonder if that really annoyed my neighbors while i recorded :o
Please, looking for some critique -
https://soundcloud.com/matakka/your-song

I can hear my voice somewhat changed comparing to my first recording on soundclound, but I don't quite get where the difference actually comes from and which one sounds better... :/

2014-11-17 16:11:56

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-11-18 01:01:43

ronws
TMV Forum Member

Re: Elton John's Your Song female cover

Nice tone and presentation. However, you were flat on the chorus. "Hope you don't mind" Either go high, like the song, or pick a lower run to do that part.

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

#3 2014-11-23 15:42:49

Matakka
TMV Forum Member

Thank you very much for listening and for your comment! yeah, high notes seem like a problem for me :/

#4 2014-11-23 19:14:38

Bzean123
TMV Forum Member

You have an interesting voice! As Ron says, you were out of tune in a few places. Just listen closely to your recordings to look for trouble spots and you should be able to fix them no problem.

#5 2014-11-23 22:49:52

Clint Torres
TMV Forum Member

I'm not sure if you were flat. Definitely off pitch but I can't be sure how. Rather than flat, maybe, you were just singing in the wrong key compared to the track. Either way it was wrong.   Your voice sounds nice and your tone is pleasant. It sounds like you can sing well. The problem in this attempt was you and the track were off.

#6 2014-11-24 18:05:21

MDEW
TMV Forum Member

For some reason most people get stuck on the same part in this "I hope you don't mind". People tend to trip themselves up starting too low on that phrase. When you came back in on "How wonderful Life is" you were spot on, so I do not think it was because you cannot sing those notes on "Hope you don't mind".
   Keep singing, It takes learning how to listen to yourself and the music at the same time.

"Knock me down, It's all in vain. I'll get right back on my feet again."  Pat Benatar

#7 2014-11-24 18:52:42

Matakka
TMV Forum Member

Thank you all so much for your opinions!
MDEW, I didn't realize I was starting too low on that part, but I'm afraid if I start higher I'll end up in a really squeaky 'mind' :D
As a matter of fact, I've been listening to the song and signing along lots and lots of times and am still out of tune... So I guess I should just find a good teacher :/
Anyway, it's good to know I'm not hopeless, that's really inspiring, so thank you all again! :)

#8 2014-11-24 22:05:58

MDEW
TMV Forum Member

Matakka wrote:

Thank you all so much for your opinions!
MDEW, I didn't realize I was starting too low on that part, but I'm afraid if I start higher I'll end up in a really squeaky 'mind' :D
As a matter of fact, I've been listening to the song and signing along lots and lots of times and am still out of tune... So I guess I should just find a good teacher :/
Anyway, it's good to know I'm not hopeless, that's really inspiring, so thank you all again! :)

When I say people start the phrase too low, I am not meaning by a big leap.  That phrase must be out of the natural scale for the rest of the song. It starts just one or two notes above where most people try to sing it.
   It is elusive but you will get it.

"Knock me down, It's all in vain. I'll get right back on my feet again."  Pat Benatar

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer