TMV Partners

You are not logged in.

Announcement

GO HERE: www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

ATTENTION TMV WORLD FORUM MEMBERS! YOU NEED TO GO LOGIN AND/OR REGISTER AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED TMV WORLD FORUM SYSTEM.

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE NEW FORUM. WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE NEW FORUM, LOGIN OR REGISTER AND THEN CLICK ON "GETTING STARTED". ALL OF THE POSTS AND TOPICS HAVE BEEN MIGRATED OVER AND EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE LINKED BACK TO ALL THEIR POSTS IN THE NEW SYSTEM AFTER YOU LOGIN.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

IF YOU ARE A NEW VISITOR THAT JUST JOINED US, YOU ARE INVITED TO COME OVER TO OUR NEW FORUM SYSTEM. CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE AND REGISTER.

www.TheModernVocalistWorld.com

Adverts

#1 2014-11-01 23:32:17

FelipeCarvalho
TMV Forum Member
Website

Felipe Carvalho - A thousand years - Christina Perri cover

Great song from Christina Perri that I did as a gift for someone very special :)

https://app.box.com/s/glrcullyyzhlolyah2sk

Hope you guys like it! Let me know!

2014-11-01 23:32:17

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-11-02 15:56:13

Aelpee
TMV Forum Member
Re: Felipe Carvalho - A thousand years - Christina Perri cover

Wow! I've always liked the content you've put on this site but this specially was cool with all the dynamics in the voice. :) It was powerful and fragile at the same time, fit the song really well!

#3 2014-11-02 17:23:01

Gneetapp
TMV Forum Member

A.W.E.S.O.M.E. Felipe! It almost brought tears to my eyes, as I'm far away from home and I thought of my 2-year-old son, who is back home. Excellent job man! :cool:

#4 2014-11-04 00:54:41

ronws
TMV Forum Member

I have to agree with others, Felipe. I've not said it to you before, I think. But this is a great match for your voice and vice versa. As if you had written this song.

And I do think this is the first time I have said this to you. And I always say what I think, whether I am right or wrong, whether the poster has ever liked what I do, not. The best thing I can do is give my objective opinion as a listener of music and having a fairly good idea what is going to sell and appeal to a large audience. And it is this: if you ever actually decide to record an album for release, put this version on there. You can fill up the rest with grinding heavy metal and that will be fine. Or throw in some ska or melodic punk or whatever floats your boat. But that album must contain this track. (usual business advice applies, of course.)

And I think this is my favorite of all the covers you have done.

Last edited by ronws (2014-11-04 00:55:31)

"When the daylight is rising up in my eyes ..." - Klaus Meine

#5 2014-11-04 08:14:49

Marcus
TMV Forum Member

I really like your tone and the dynamics here. But this one have some pitch problems throughout the whole song, especially in the lower parts. That kinda ruins it for me, and I think you can do this one better. Very good match for your voice otherwise!

#6 2014-12-05 13:49:46

FelipeCarvalho
TMV Forum Member
Website

Aelpee Oh thank you my friend, for the words and for listening it all :). Brave soul haha ;)

Gnee Thanks man! Oh I can imagine how that is like, I have one of these little ones (1 yo girl) too.

ronws Thanks! haha I will :)

Thanks for listening and your words Marcus. Yes you are dead on about the pitch! Thank you :).

#7 2014-12-09 14:50:10

KillerKu
TMV Forum Member

I think this works well artistically and it's cool to hear a more vulnerable side of your voice. If you were doing a studio version, you could tighten tighten up here or there as it is written in a pretty polished style. I think this direction could also be commercial for you, if you are interested. I think there could be a larger audience for this than the next Helloween, if it is a style you could get behind.

OTHER TMV WEB SITES: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS: TMV RECOMMENDS:

Adverts

Board footer